DC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Calling bullshit on that. Yeah we all had the same issue but sorry buddy Ark started out with much less defensive talent to begin with.

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well he is unproven at a big time school especially in the SEC. He looks good at Cinn but no track record in the SEC. To me Steele would be much less of a gamble. Too much hype on this guy for me.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So Arkansas had talent respective to 106th in the nation?

The answer is no, no they didn't.

Arkansas, on average, has been around the 20-25th recruiting over the past decade. Talent simply is not an excuse. for being anywhere near the bottom of ANY list.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Freeman wasn't seeing SEC competition, but he wasn't working with SEC talent either. Theory of relativity

tzanghi, LSU_4_LIFE and LSUpride123 like this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

He made UGA look stupid until "talent" kicked in...

mctiger likes this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Got a point there. Hey not saying he wouldn't be good at LSU just a little too much hype and he is still unproven in the SEC. Would I take him? I would but not a long term expensive to get out of contract. If he proves himself open the bank and keep him. If I could choose I would take A&M' s DC. He has done a lot in a short period of time.

7. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Problem with Steele is he been coaching defense in the SEC & elsewhere since 1980 pas a GA at TN, & LB coach at TN in 1983. His defenses are sometimes decent but not great, coaches know exactly what he's going to bring defensively & generally adjust accordingiy. He'll be 63 in 2 months. Not exactly a young, upcoming top minority coach. People hated him at LSU in 2015. Alleva caused that hire by blocking Aranda that year.

unclenick and TigerTap like this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Yeah and Mond made Clemson look average in 2018. BTW GA is stupid. The most under performing team with respect to talent level in the SEC. Kirby aint very smart.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Missed on him anyway so irrelevant. Good talk, good talk. Who is the guy at A&M anyway and is he in the mix?

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Why do we need a minority coach? Who cares what color he is? We care if he can coach. Our whole coaching staff could be black, Asian, Latino and women if they kick ass every year.