Darrell's!!!

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by married2atiger, May 1, 2012.

1. married2atiger

married2atiger Founding Member

WOW, WOW, WOW!
    Went down to Lake Charles to watch the high school state softball finals, (my little sister pitches for Evangel and they lost in the final game to John Curtis...) But my wife and kids were told to go get a po-boy from there and I am glad I did!!! The Darrell's special was good, but the Surf and Turf was better. If you live close you are lucky to be able to get that anytime, or if you are passing through, I would recommend it.

Contained Chaos likes this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yeah they're the best.

If your sister pitches for Evangel that means you had another one who did too, correct? She would be the pitcher who won it three years ago and I think signed with Tennessee??

3. married2atiger

married2atiger Founding Member

No, i think you are thinking of someone else... Emily something that signed with georgia. my other sister played basketball for Centenary College until she blew her knee out. This is my sister, McKenzie Ashby. Also just found out she was named pitcher of the year by the Shreveport Times. http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012120428002

LSUTiga likes this.
  4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

WOW, I have a beautiful three year old granddaughter named McKenzie !!!

Rock on McKenzie !!!

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

My wife is from Big Lake (in Cameron Parish, south of LC), and we go to Darrell's every single time she visits home.

She gets the Surf & Turf, and I get the shrimp poboy. Yep, it's pretty damn ridiculous!

LSUTiga likes this.
  6. LSUTiga

Yes it was Emily. Congrats on lil sis' accomplishment. Any parent/family member of a pitcher knows the MANY extra hours they put in while the rest of the team is at home.

Man I had a few roomies from S. Cameron and spent a lot of time down there during college. The Mud's, Caniks, Barnett (who's the AD at S. Cameron now). Killed many a duck and gators too (legally). Back then they were getting $50.00 per foot for gators.

7. Contained Chaos

Yeah, her parents house backs up to a marsh. I don't really hunt, but we shoot the shit outta some skeet back there. They actually live in the northern part of Cameron...not too far from the Cal-Cam line.

8. LSUTiga

A friend and I not from there used to joke with our friends who were by calling the Gibstown (sp?) Bridge "The Idiot Bridge" telling them once you cross it, the IQ drops drastically.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I wish that place was in Baton Rouge. They make up a good sammich. They would easily be the best poor boy/ sandwhich place in Baton Rouge.

10. Contained Chaos

For a brief period in time, there was a food truck that posed up downtown that had a shrimp poboy almost exactly like the ones at Darrell's. It was damn near just as good. But it just vanished one day. Must have had some permitting issues, but it was easily the best food truck I've ever eaten, uh, at?