Dare Rosenthal enters transfer portal

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MobileBengal, Jun 28, 2021.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I agree, it isn't performance enhancing but the issue here is with the rules committee. At least to date she has owned it and admitted that she eff'd up which she did.

Will they change the rule? I hope so, will they make it retro so that she can run? Who knows but if they don't I'm not going to be up in arms about it because she knew she wasn't supposed to do it. Its really that simple. This generation that we are immersed in is ALWAYS in these types of situations and the "what ifs" "but why" and a litany of other bullshit excuses and NONE of them are ever held accountable. It is time that changes. I'm glad she doesn't seem to be one of them.

lsu-i-like and GiantDuckFan like this.
  2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

i tested dirty at my job in the late '80s,.. here's how it played out, kinda typical i think,.. first know that THC is fat soluble, so it stays in a persons fat cells for a long time, as long as 3 weeks,..

so, i go to a party,.. i'm offered a joint, "no thanks, I can't",.. i said no, like 10 times that night,.. but i was drinking beer, alcohol causes you to make bad decisions,.. finally, with a beer buzz going strong, i said, "oh, what the hell", and took a couple of bong hits,.. about 8 days later, i get to work and the medical tables are set up, everybody's gotta take a surprise piss test,.. fail

i read somewhere that they came up with a very cheap new test for THC, and started testing people in prison often,.. the article said, marijuana consumption dropped because of the tests,.. but heroin use skyrocketed because heroin is out of your system in just a few hours

lsu-i-like and kcal like this.
  3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

employers are increasingly not testing for thc anymore. recently stopped at amzn. others will follow….

lsu-i-like and GiantDuckFan like this.
  4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Only way the IORC ever changes is if every one of the countries participating in the Olympics opts out as a boycott. Would be a hell of a hit to their bottom line. Just dont see that happening.

5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Most employers arent testing b/c they are against weed. They are testing b/c insurance wont cover liability in event of an accident. So the threat of testing is simply a deterrent.

shane0911 and GiantDuckFan like this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Weed just needs to be legal. Its absolutely harmless.

You know what is harmful? Allowing men to compete vs women.

GiantDuckFan, Winston1 and shane0911 like this.
  7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Percy Harvin disagrees with you here.
    If one is handling their anxiety with marijuana it tends to mean it is affecting performances.

8. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

that's a stretch,.. i guess the same could be said about using tobacco, or chewing gum

tirk, TerryP and shane0911 like this.
  9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Based on what? Hearing someone say they've decided to avoid pharmaceuticals—both for anxiety and pain—and have chosen to smoke isn't uncommon; it's rather commonplace now-a-day.

And yes, one could say the same about using tobacco or chewing gum.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

All drugs, both performance and recreational should be allowed and legal. Would be safer and more appealing.

I’m on TRT at age 36. It’s amazing. I have a doctor we review my blood work with once every two months. It’s like a new life. I just need Texas to legalize THC so I can recover faster now.

shane0911 likes this.