Daniels coming back! What's your thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Dec 22, 2022.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I hear what you're saying, but college football is a totally different animal than high school. The players are bigger, faster and stronger and the last thing you want to do is destroy a young player's confidence. It's one thing to start at a HS program and the opposing team has maybe one or two D1 players, verses taking the field against a full team of talented players, in front of 85,000-plus fans in the stadium and millions on television. There's a reason why true freshmen rarely start at bigtime D1 programs because the learning curve is steep and the psyche of a young QB is fragile!

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Not the same

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Not sure you can currently. Howard I would think stays Nuss is the one who may transfer. We do have Collins and the 2024 commit coming. The 2024 guy seems very mature physically and mentally, may be a star in the making.

Gonna be an interesting spring practice in 2023.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Greg Brooks just announced he'll be back.

Chipeace, Hou-duco and shane0911 like this.
  5. shane0911

That's good news

6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

agree with Nuss. Dude has gunslinger potential, but we won't see him develop that here much longer. He should play somewhere. Let him go to Auburn and fail. Win win.

7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

With NIL and transfer portal, I think the QB room is going to have new faces every year. If you're not the starter and you don't have some type of connection to the program, the chances of you staying around are slim to none. I feel pretty confident Nuss is going to transfer, but I'm a little worried about Howard. I know he's been penciled in as the next QB, but he hasn't given any indication that he's staying, which is a little concerning.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Howard is a "bleeds purple and gold Tiger" type. He's not going anywhere. Really means nothing to the topic, but Nuss just got a NIL deal with Cheez-Its. Its related to the bowl game, so may not be a lot of cash.

9. shane0911

Of course he is...

But he wants to play. I think he is smart enough and humble enough to know "if I'm not the guy I have to wait". The question is will he be given a fair enough shot at it.

If Kelly doesn't give them a fair amount of snaps with the 1's during practice then how can there be a legitimate evaluation? So to my point, I also think Howard is smart enough to say "these guys have already made up their mind" and bounce. Can't say as I blame him.

10. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Equally important as getting a fair # of snaps with the 1st team is letting both Nuss & Howard run plays that allow them to showcase their skills. What is Daniel’s weakness is their strength. In today’s football both college and pro players need to be proficient in running RPO plays, but that doesn’t mean you need to be a run 1st QB.