Dad posts pic of kid w/ gun, Family Services threatens to take kid

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by KyleK, Mar 20, 2013.

1. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

MLU, I understand what you have said, but are you of a mind to so easily roll over when a police officer or other employee of a federal, state or local government comes knocking on your door? As fanatic (above) has noted, so many Americans, either not knowing or not caring about what constitutes right and proper conduct, allow law enforcement to ignore their own rules & regulations in their need and desire to gather evidence, to arrest and detain and especially to be unquestioningly obeyed.

And, on a personal note, your statement, "How quick we are with the uneducated, paranoid anti-government rant...," is odious and without basis, being that you know nothing of my educational background, my state of mind when I penned the above post, and whether standing up for Constitutionally Protected Rights is automatically to be viewed as "anti-government."

But, our current FedGov does need many, many earnestly compliant subjects in order to propagate its unbridled thirst for power, control and the need to be feared and obeyed without question.

My response has crossed with Red's, above; read his responses, line for line; I could not phrase things any better than he has already.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This incident had nothing whatsoever to do with the federal government, but the state of New Jersey. Nor does it provide any evidence that the government has "unbridled thirst for power, control, and the need to be feared". I agree with your position on this incident and I'm quite sure you are educated, but you are also engaging in a paranoid anti-government rant, for sure.

3. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Maybe, Red, maybe. But a recent defense summary identified the speculation, within the defense community, that the U.S. will have as many as 30,000
    drone aircraft over America's skies by the year 2020.

Will that be "for the children," or "in the interests of national security," or "for the public safety?"

I follow trends, Red, and I am not pleased. Call me paranoid--that's OK. I love your posts, and your canny football analysis.

But, I call myself "prepared." And, IMO, the FedGov is becoming more and more intrusive in our lives than at any time in our relatively short history. Again, IMO.

gyver likes this.
  4. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Can't blame the democrat senators and representatives for wanting all the control they can legislate themselves. When someone like Reid, Pelosi and Obama look at and listen to their voting base they realize that they have to take charge or their voters will either starve to death, shoot themselves or end up living in a box. Haha.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Tell you what hoss, when you pick a cage up, turn it upside down and shake it, eventually some crap will fall out. The moral is NO ONE should allow these child snatching bastards anywhere near their homes because it doesn't take a whole bunch for them to prove it isn't eutopia. It is what they are trained and instructed to do. If they want to find fault they will find/create it.

gyver likes this.
  6. gyver

Law enforcers break just as many laws as law breakers. Look at police officer spousal and child abuse statistics. Look at the police brutality suits. Cops confiscate firearms and the chief or sheriff ends up with the firearms they want. Lawyers and judges that use their influence to get out of DUI's. Politicians that act like they're above the laws they propose and pass. Social workers making decisions based on their opinions and not laws or best interest of the kids. The governing body needs to worry more about their own personal lives and leave the rest of us alone. I buy my kids rifles and shotguns when I feel they're mature enough to safely handle them, not when some fucking politician thinks they are.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, most of them will be simple remote control miniature aircraft such as we have had for decades. With GPS, stabilization equipment, and miniaturization of electronics, some of them will be more sophisticated than the toys that most of that number will be. These are not the plane-sized drones used in the war on terror. Nor are they the huge and secret stealth reconnaissance drones that replaced the blackbird.

For the most part, civilian drones will be used most for thing already being done by piloted aircraft, just cheaper. I have an investment in a company that has used RPVs for a decade now to replace manned aircraft for air-photos. This country has been repeatedly air-photographed since the 1920's for a myriad of purposes from mapmaking to surveying to city planning, forestry, emergency networking, geology, tourism, etc. The robot planes just do it cheaper.

I know a guy with a RPV business who takes aerial shots of real estate for sale so that agents can post them in their listings. This was unaffordable and untimely when you had to rent an aircraft and hire a pilot and a photographer. Now the GPS quickly takes the small RPV to the site then it slowly circles while taking photos from every angle. The guy takes a few minutes to crop and sharpen the image, picks the shots with the best light, and emails them from his laptop to his customer within an hour. Gets paid via PayPal instantly. It's a pretty sweet gig and one I've considered for a post retirement part-time job. The whole damn business fits into a pickup truck.

Public safety for sure, it has been so for many decades. National security is performed overseas for the most part, but if the enemy comes here, we are certainly not taking drone assets off the table. I do not fear the police or the military. I think is it kind of looney to predict an America where a police or martial state could exist. What specifically do you fear from RPV aircraft? How is any different from the manned aircraft now performing the same work?

There is much that displeases me, Doc. But 1984 never happened and it ain't likely. Our checks and balances are working fine and the sky is not falling. This is the worst country in the world except for the other 197.

I'm an Eagle Scout, it is my motto.

Can you give us some examples?

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I wouldn't let them look. I would refuse them entrance without a warrant and they would leave because that's the law.

That's exactly what happened, so I don't understand where the grief about cops showing up to look at guns is coming from.

9. gyver

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Nothing was made up. No Constitutional rights were violated. Both the Police Department and Child Services received multiple reports of a child with access to guns and ammunition. Both groups decided to investigate the matter and visited the home of the child. Both groups were invited in the home by a parent. Both groups were asked to leave by another parent and they complied.

Where is the illegal part?

http://www.nj.com/salem/index.ssf/2013/03/carneys_point_family_says_stat.html