Dad posts pic of kid w/ gun, Family Services threatens to take kid

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by KyleK, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Ha! Me, too. . .obviously.

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

That was my point. I picked that first pic on purpose. She was shooting (it's a .22) and I told her to smile for me. But the finger on the trigger and the butt of the stock makes this one the ridiculous one. Yet, she is in the act of shooting. The second pic she is just holding the rifle, but man she makes that gun look good! The point, again, is that alot of those posed pics that I was defending are taken during the same time as the activity and are not meant for anything other than what they are, family pics.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

That's great, but I still think it's dumb. :)

KyleK likes this.
  4. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

I'm with Kyle here. The dad does not need any justification for photographing his kid with the kid's weapon--with which he is proficient in using for hunting and plinking. The weapon is LEGAL--legally purchased and legally used in a free society.

Any whining about the "appropriateness" of posting the kid's photo is just that--whining!

Some kids play with trucks; some with Leggos; others with .22 cal AR-15 look-alikes. So frickin' what? Again, in a free society, this activity is legal, safe and teaches responsibility.

shane0911 and KyleK like this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Not at all. I have been harsh on dss for a while. I think for the most part they are power drunk and out of control. There are a few that do there job the way its supposed to be done.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I agree with MC. The blowhards in both parties cannot help but make themselves look stupid as fuck.

7. 4EvrLSU

4EvrLSU Like a '59 Cadillac

Sounds like wives.

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

On the surface, sounds like the social worker was one of those drunk with power as mentioned by a few of you. Someone gave me the Dale Brown book for Christmas and I just read the first few pages last night. When he was a kid, his family had to deal with an a-hole social worker regularly. Of course, that was many years ago but just another example that there are bad apples in every profession.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

If true then this is absurd. No one should care what something "looks" like. Who cares if it were a real AR? So what. Are we going back to Aristotle and the syllogistic logic? really?

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Exactly how did they threaten to take his kid? I see nothing wrong with any of what happened. The police asked to enter and the owner denied them. End of story. The website takes a much different tone than other news sources, including leaving out that the police said the father smelled of alcohol. The father also called the sergeant that night to apologize for his behavior.

I know you are all dying to find proof that someone is trying to take guns away from you, but there is nothing to see here...