D gonna cost us a few games I think

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Sep 21, 2019.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I dont see any way around it.

2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Unfortunately, I completely agree. It’s a damn shame too.

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I think the jury is still out. This is the perfect game to experiment and challenge skill sets. But if we keep breaking at the rate guys are, we'll be down to scraps by seasons end.

How we sustained so many injuries to starters in a game that was a certain is borderline wreckless behavior by the staff. Disappointed to see that

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I’ll hold out hope like I do every year.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I'm concerned about the defense, the lack of balance on offense, and injuries. Defense's lack of pass rush, getting gashed against the run, and piss poor tackling need to be fixed immediately. But, if they could be fixed, they would have. Vandy game into the game with the worst offense in the SEC, but we made them look great. That cannot continue The offense could help them out by possessing the ball longer, but who wants to disrupt the success they're having?

The offense, while doing great things, is just as unbalanced as it was when Miles was here. Not in a 3 yard and a cloud of dust kind of way. We're much better now. But Miles' offense always did great against inferior competition. It's when we faced teams that could match up against us and stop the run when we struggled. What happens when we face a team that shuts our passing game down? FU's D is good and could be that team. We have to be able to rely on balance to keep them honest so they can't sell out against the pass. We did better today with 180 yards rushing, but most of those were in garbage time and I'm not convinced that we've turned the corner.

Injuries, we have no control over, but we've definitely had our unfair share. They have obviously contributed to some of these issues and today was especially bad. Hopefully, none are serious. We can keep everyone out during the bye and USU until the Fla game then come back at full strength. Just hope they don't derail what could be a special season.

LSU_4_LIFE, TigerFan90 and didit like this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

One more troubling injury......Terrance Marshall with a broken foot.

7. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

So...for the first time in forever we aren’t going to bitch about Ensminger?

2019 is definitely clown world

Richdog likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I’m fine with offense; we can run fine, but no way we can beat Bama just running.

This D is pissing me off.

TheRealist, LSU_4_LIFE and el005639 like this.
  9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Listening on the radio, they were saying a lot of the injuries were twisted ankles and Gordy seemed to blame the aritificial turf, since a lot of the same injuries happened on similar turf at Texas.

10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

It took 2:11 minutes or less for LSU to score on the first 7 scoring drives. That has to take a toll on the defense. Not saying it is bad but that has to factor in. Is LSU deep enough to rotate linemen and linebackers? Not right now.

Let’s see what happens when they get bodies back. Time is running out though.

fanatic likes this.