Cybersecurity Hacking of US by Russians

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Dec 22, 2020.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Did they or did they not lump them all together in a single vote?

2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

That is my understanding. Again, another Congressional shortcut. But if you read the 5000+ Page bill you will see the appropriations are by government department. It’s a mess.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Right so Winston should shut his mouth about telling anyone they are "shading the truth" or "false labeling" when it was 1 vote.

4. HalloweenRun

As I think this over, I believe the House passed two bills. One with appropriations for 4 or 5 departments, and a second for the remaining departments, plus Coronavirus Relief. If I can find that again, I will post it. When the two bills went to the Senate, the two House passed Bills were combined in and voted on as a single bill in the Senate, and sent to the President as a single Bill.

These bills are composed of literally thousands of sections, broken down at first by department then agencies and programs.

It is confusing BY DESIGN, I can guarantee you that.

Found it:

The House of Representatives vote was divided into two parts. Part One, which included the Defense; Commerce, Justice, Science; Homeland Security; and Financial Services sections of the omnibus, passed by a vote of 327 to 85. Part Two included eight spending bills — including the COVID relief bill — and passed by a margin of 359 to 53.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

They just ram shit through. None of them read it.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They got the 5700 page billb45 minutes before they voted on it. Maybe they are all slow readers

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

hacking our computers is normal cant complain much if we are doing it to them as well

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

You must not read many of his posts. IconLOL.gif

9. HalloweenRun

I can’t remember the specific omnibus bill, it was mid - late 80s, and its insane reduction to operations and maintenance funding, but on the official bill there was a margin note with some staffer’s phone number with an annotation to "call for Friday night."
    I researched the navy’s response to the huge maintenance cuts in my B-School thesis.

All those morons do is scan the bill and make sure their projects are safely in the Bill. The process could not be more fouled up.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

My last civilian job was serving as the Senior Logistician for Harris Corp. who operated, maintained, & sustained the Air Force Satellites Satellite Control Network. Seven tracking stations scattered around the world. May years, late in the FY we went into the Mother May I mode of operations. We had to ask for permission to replace a failed part.

HalloweenRun likes this.