CWS TCU/LSU 2pm Sunday

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Jun 10, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Predictions? Who will start? What's the final score going to be?

Honestly I think this team has a better shot than the last few that have failed in the post season because they can steal bases and play small ball. You have to be able to play small ball in Omaha.

Give me 5-3 LSU in 9.

I'll be on the road to Dover so hopefully I'll get to my hotel in time.

2. leroy7500

leroy7500 Founding Member

We're battle tested, alright!

7-2 LSU.

3. AndrewAce24

AndrewAce24 Founding Member

Lange will start. 6-4 Tigers

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

No prediction from me. Its baseball, not football. Much harder to predict a single game. And I don't want to jinx the Tigers

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'd start Poche

6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

We are 1 of 8 of the hottest playing college teams in the last 3 weeks. Everyone's hot, so no one should be overlooked. TCU played decent through the NCAA's, but they were inconsistent against opposing pitchers, so we need to get on em early and hope to pitch them down. Could run the rotation backwards, so I would not be shocked to see Bain or Poche start Sunday. Or not...

Vandy, Florida and Virginia probably had the easiest roads in, but looking at Cal St. Fullerton, they could be the biggest sleeper in all this. Arky is out of control. I see Miami and Virginia as the early outs followed by Cal St. Fullerton and maybe, maybe TCU. Could be all fuggered up but I see us at 2-0 or 2 and 1 before shit gets real. I ain't overlooking TCU, but aTm's candle started flickering against Cal. I just don't feel too threatened by them. All 4 SEC teams stand a very good chance to duke it out for the finals. An all SEC final 4. Wouldn't that just piss everyone off!

LSUTiga and ROY_LA_CA like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have to go with Lange. Not only does he give us the best chance to win the opening game and keep us in the all important winners bracket, it gives him one more day of rest before having to start another game. Poche can work on shorter rest than Lange. Ideally the Tiger bats break out early and build up a 10-0 lead in the first two games and Lange and Poche can be pulled after 5 or 6 innings. Then get through a Jack Wholestaff win and we are in the final series. Just some wishful thinking. Vanderbilt is in the same bracket so its likely they would be the second opponent if we win game 1. I wouldn't want to have to play them in a 2 out of 3 series because their pitching has more quality depth than ours.

8. shane0911

Either way, I think there has been a trend of saving the ace for game 2. I sort of like it. I'd start Poche

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

TCU is not Lehigh. You gotta throw your best.

10. shane0911

Still start Poche, better to have the ace for game 2. Its a must win either way.