CWS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME 1-LSU v TEXAS-6pm,ESPN,Radio

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Jun 22, 2009.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

What are you trying to say, that because we won the game it was the right call? If so that's pretty weak. Like I said I really like PM and I'm not trying to knock him, it's simply a discussion of the game last night. It's much like Auggie's call to pull his pitcher that was mowing our batters down like the terminator. Had they won the game would it have been the right call? Sometimes you win or lose despite making a bad move every now and then. I simply think Coleman was off his game, was leaving the ball high in the zone and the Texass hitters were drilling him. Despite all the negative talk about out bullpen those guys have been pretty good.

2. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

It may have been the sweat coming off the ump and soaking the ball bag. In the 8th inning they gave the balls to the Texas ball boy (now there might be a problem right there) to keep the balls dry. I think some of that sweat and humidity was keeping some of the movement off of Coleman's fast ball.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

the relavent portion starts at approximately the 2 minute mark.

schweaty balls.....
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUxRrzVs8vM[/media]

1 person likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i think coach made the right call leaving coleman in. he made some mistakes, the homerun that was low was a good pitch, but the other ones were balls up in the strike zone. coleman made some bad pitches, but he also made some good ones, texas just capitalized on the bad ones. look at the situation we are in now with our staff, you couldn't ask for anything better. We have every pitcher available except louis coleman.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Or, he could have thrown a chest high fastball at 132 mph and struck out every batter.

The issue is whether Manieri should have pulled Coleman earlier. Apparently you feel that he should have because Coleman was not at his best. I felt Manieri left him in because knows his personnel, he's talking to him between innings and he's consulting with the pitching coach who is watching him like a hawk.

That's exactly what I'm saying. It's not like politics. Voters are much dumber than managers.

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

The argument can be made both ways. Right or wrong it paid off and we won. Benifit we still have the entire core of our pitching staff still available. Even though I disagree with the decision to leave Coleman in, it is apparent it was the right decision, especially in the big picture. Which is why CPM is the coach.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

exactly and exactly

8. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Personally, I'd feel better about tonight's game if Maineri were fired and LSUMasterMind were brought in to coach. :grin:

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he left louis in too long but he was trying to salvage the pitching staff til we tied or had the lead. which im fine with. that way you got your best left if you lose the game.

the only problem is coleman wasnt missing any bats even through the first 3 innings when he had only given up one hit. and almost everything was up high and hanging.

we were discussing this during the game before texas had scored that he was going to be in trouble this game due to his pitch location.

but we hung on and rallied.

great game.