Cutting the cord to cable tv, Sony Vue may be your answer

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by islstl, May 30, 2016.

1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

If you're patient, you can get Amazon Prime at a reduced price. When Mozart in the Jungle won an award at the 73rd Golden Globes, they reduced the price to $73 annually for the weekend. It's also a reduced price if you're a student and have an "edu" email address the last I checked.

Save that Roku for NFL Sunday Ticket. If you're unable to get DirecTV because of where you live (like an apartment), then they'll sell you a stand-alone subscription that can be viewed via their apps on the Roku and various mobile devices for $199. If you're a student or have an edu email address, then you get it at half price.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I've never gotten NFL Sunday Ticket. I'll have local channels for the Sunday games, then ESPN for their games, CBS carries the first half of the season for Thursday night. There's always sports bars for the NFL Network games that take over for Thursday night. So I'm pretty covered. Also, I have someone on a saints forum that I s t r e a m the Saints games from that is pretty much in HD on my laptop or PC.

Regarding Prime, I did see in a google search about that $73 special.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I posted this before but if you wanna watch live sporting events try acestream.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  4. islstl

Well Amazon Fire TV has HBO Now so I'd have access to it on that tv.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Yes...That is why I have a $35 chromecast on each TV...I can access apps that are not avaialbe on other devices and can stream with ease from the internet through the chrome browser.

6. islstl

you know I got the chromecast for free just for subscribing to some startup newsfeed website....can't remember the name of it...I picked the cheapest channel/feed they had for $1.99 for the entire 3 months period that they required and then cancelled it

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I bring the chromecast with me on travel and hookup to condo/hotel tvs. Firestick will come in handy for that.

8. islstl

Just bought me an iPad 3 in excellent condition off glyde.com for $125 shipped. So now I'll have two choices for both of my tvs for using Sony Vue. PS3 on one, Fire TV on the other. And now iPad/Chromecast on both tvs. I think I'll end up using the iPad most of the time with using a touchscreen being the preferred choice for navigating my cable watching.

9. islstl

I'm the proud papa of an Amazon Prime membership.

Tirk's right, it's an absolute no-brainer. Best bargain out there by a long shot.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member