Cutting the cord to cable tv, Sony Vue may be your answer

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by islstl, May 30, 2016.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Hey everybody! An isl sighting!

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Luckily he won't be watching any lsu football since Etling is starting.

islstl likes this.
  3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I am done using the PlayStation 3 for watching Vue. Over the last several weeks it locks up about twice a day and you have to walk up to the PS3 and turn it off manually and about 3 minutes later you're watching tv again.

So now I am either going to get another Fire Stick or I am thinking of getting a Roku. Anybody own the Roku Premiere? I can get one for $40 brand new, which I understand would be a great price.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Recently a friend gave me a Netflix password. I'm damned glad I didn't pay for it. The selection sucks big time. Search for almost any movie you want to watch and it shows you a bunch of crap nothing like what you wanted and says "Selections similar to what you searched for."

Like I really want to binge watch every episode ever made of That 70's Show

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Roku renamed their boxes so I am not positive but I think that compares to the Roku 3 which I think is best of the bunch. The 4 or Ultra or whatever they call it works with UHD. The 4 had more flaws than 3 when 1st came out but they kinks have been worked out with updates.

Don't get a stick...if go with Amazon get the box. About the same as Roku but I prefer Roku slightly.

6. bhelmLSU

Only need Netflix for original shows like House of Cards, Narcos, Peaky Blinders, and old series across all networks. They usually get the AMC stuff a year after air like Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul and Walking Dead, etc...

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I watched all of Narcos but I can't find anything else I really want to watch. I wanted to watch Band of Brothers but they don't have it. I wanted to watch American Sniper but they don't have it. They don't even have some of the older movies made in the 80's and 90's.

8. bhelmLSU

Yep...they had those at one time but not anymore. Amazon now gets exclusive rights to all the old HBO stuff. If you pay for Prime Shipping then you have free access to stream those shows like Band of Brothers. Movies are hit or miss as usual.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I got A Prime for the shipping but their selection sucks too, or at least they rarely have a movie I search for unless I want to pay for it.

10. bhelmLSU

Correct but does have Band of Brothers for you...I use Prime for my pay subscriptions of Showtime and Starz which helps withe the movies. They also offer HBO and Cinemax now.