Curry

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Was Hamilton and don't remember I'd he returned a punt but he was good at it so may have. He was one hell of an athlete and a good guy.

2. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

And for $64.00 do you know why Bert got the start over Lyons?

3. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Actually I was speaking of Younger Jones (Ben), who wore Casanova’s number 37, as a bad joke..

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

He was OK but not the athlete like Bert or Andy. I get the joke BTW

Chipeace likes this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I do not fill me in

6. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Cholly Mac said after the game he started Bert over Lyons because he was much taller than Lyons and the ND d-linemen were so big that Bert would have an easier time seeing the WRs. I do remember Lyons as being rather small.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Man didn't know that. Paul Lyons was about 5' 9". I used to work out with him and his brother Pat. Pat wound up playing at LSU too. We used to use the Lafayette High practice field. Me, Mac Barrouse and Lou Hebert would run routes a few other USL guys would show up sometimes. Paul was always trying to convert us to his religion other than that a nice guy and athletic. Pat was not like Paul and was a little discouraged while at LSU. Frankly he was trying to nail Louis sister which never happened.

shane0911 and Winston1 like this.
  8. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I seem to remember Casanova playing safety. I think he made all-american at safety if i remember right.its been so long. He was one if not the number 1 favorite of mine. Loved ol Bert Jones too.

I was young and lived and died with the tigers.

Me , my dad, my brother, used to lay in front of console stereo listening to john ferguson. Those were the days that made me a tiger fan for life.

Getting to watch them on TV was such a thrill cause you didnt get too very often.

Todays fans are a little spoiled. Dont appreciate the experience as much because they get to see every game on TV.

With my dad being a high school football coach it was a real treat when we would get to go to an LSU game . It was usually a lesser opponent and we got cheap seats. But Tiger Stadium is hallowed ground to me.

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Ferguson was famous for describing a play that you thought was a huge gainer and would wind up go be a couple of yards. He made the game exciting.

Winston1 likes this.
  10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Didn't Casanova start out as a running back and convert to safety?