Crypto

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Did u really invest? If so why? Is this purely speculation hot potato?

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yes, I purchased some haha. I did so because it is the meme I most cherish.

Also, its not an investment. This is more like a slot machine in Vegas haha.

Its serves the same function as Doge coin. Nothing other than laughs and memes.

I think it is funny my few hundred dollar purchase is now worth thousands while banks are collapsing under the weight of big brain activity.

Ho-hum Joe Biden is dumb.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2023
    Frogleg likes this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

4. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

hmmm, im skeptical of anything read or watched in mainstream media. but im not surprised Biebers ape went down the crapper.
    I would bet that there is a very small and real NFT market with truly valuable digital art. And a mountain of crap surrounding it.

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

long term I don't think any NFT art will work. the NFT is just a ledger that says the art is owned by somebody, but they don't own anything at all.

I could get a legal pad and write on it that you own the Washington monument. you don't. that's what NFT is.

6. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

wouldn't it sort of be like a copy right, but a "Digi Right" That's just on a ledger.
    And related, what's the value of originals that can be affordably replicated? The Mona Lisa can be precisely reproduced, indistinguishable to the best human eye. So what's the real value in the original, without a copy right i guess? I would much rather view a replica in full glory then the original behind bullet proof class and 50 tourist snapping photos.

7. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

if you're just buying replicas, then i agree. worthless in the end. second thought, what r the phuck are you actually buying?

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

you are buying the right to have a specific Blockchain somewhere have recorded that according to some people somewhere, person A owns some numbers that represent an image.

you don't own a copyright, you don't own anything. a Blockchain with no legal significance and no more important than a legal pad that says I actually own something, says something is owned.

the most expensive NFT ever whatever it is, you can say you own it if you want. you can write on a piece of paper that its officially yours. that's what NFT is.