Crypto

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

again, i am ralking about NFT art that is purportedly valuable for its rarity. software is sold a million times over.

she does not want that. she wants to walk around immediately displaying she made her man go broke

its a bubble. like the famous tulip bubble

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

They said the same thing about BTC, yet here we are....

The problem with crypto and new technology within crypto is that people cant see themselves using it therefore do not think anyone else would either.

Nah, she wants to flex on TikTok/Instagram and get more followers. 100 And trust you can do that with NFTs.... Digital flex for the digital world.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Like, can you guys not see the potential for NFTs with todays social media use?

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

bit coin is a currency, its not scarce in the same way. one bitcoin is exactly as valuable as another bitcoin. thats the whole point of currency

the tiktok flexer wont be enough, because the validation process is clumsy and nobody even cares. lets say you bought a kickass NFT and some 9 year olds think you are awesome. then i could display the same one and say its mine, who will bother validating it? also who gives a shit? why not just burn cash?

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

yes i see the potential for a beanie-baby like house of cards and crash

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Thats not how it works. You wouldnt be able to even post a replica to anything once the blockchain integrates with social media, and it will.

With regards to burning cash, the same principle applies to NFTs with people that go to Vegas.

8. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

She has many things, immeidiately showable and otherwise, to prove she made her man go broke. NFT art is a new one.

crypto is in a speculation bubble, over valued, but far from no value. i think it has a huge future. NFT art, well, for me that's like other art, playing cards, fashion diamonds...its just collectible crap, some people value more or less and some dont. I can get great copies of all that stuff.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

well kinda, the vegas people have achance at winning.

as far as conspicuous consumption, or "flexing", its just not a move that people will make when they could buy a ferrari in the real world

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So do people with NFTs...... And any art investing

Or do both.... Like they currently do.