Crypto

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

it is true. the idea that they are non fungible is only technically true in the most useless of ways.

if we exchange a 5 dollar bill, my bill for yours, technically we didnt make an equal switch, because now our bills have different serial numbers, they cannot be legally replicated. but so what? i dont care that your 5 has a unique serial number no one else has. mine is fine. i wont pay you extra for that specific bill. i dont care. thats what will happen when people stop being idiotic speculators on NFT art.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Tell that to the collectible market man. You are confusing what you would do to what other people would do and the fact is that collectibles are a huge market.

However, on the blockchain, it can be highly important to have verification. Many many reasons you want authenticity.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Also, the first Bitcoin ETF was approved by the SEC and set a record volume on the stock market. You may not like it, but it’s here to stay. Over 2.5 trillion in the space already.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

other people do what i do, they just do it much slower. the market for NFT will crash

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

bitcoin is not the same thing as NFT. i own bitcoin. its not a "collectible" art. its a currency and millions of people agree it has value. if you and i echange X amount of bitcoin, it doesnt matter which place our particular coin was on the blockchain that made it unique. thats effectly what NFT are a claim that uniqueness equals value. it doesnt. one stand of your hair is unique, has unique non fungible DNA info. its worthless.

we are in a period of inflation its bad to own cash . smart people buy normal index funds, not a digital drawing of a nike.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

To you it is. To others it isn’t. It will crash and go back up and crash again, but it’s here to stay.

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

this is a dumb market to be in, you should own apple and tesla and not baseball cards. also most collectibles are physical items that cannot be replicated infinitely for free.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You gotta realize kids these days live online. They place high value in this. I don’t own NFTs but there’s kids will.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I never said I was in it and an NFT can’t be recreated anymore than forging someone’s signature.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the kids grow up and realize they need to stop investing in beanie babies and zack mettenberger rookie cards and buy IBM.

this is a pump and dump scam, but go ahead, dont buy QQQ index fund and get rich, but a digital artwork