Could LSU be the final nail in Jimbo's Aggie career?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Oct 7, 2022.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I've heard several Aggie "insiders" on the radio this week say that Jimbo's 90 million dollar buyout is not an obstacle if the Aggies continue to underperform. I find that hard to believe, but then again, nothing really surprises me anymore. The consensus was that the buyout would be negotiated down, but would still be a substantial amount in the 40/50 range.

My personal opinion is that Alabama will destroy the Aggies this weekend on national television and the negotiations will begin. I would love to see Jimbo (even though I can't stand him as a coach) pull off the upset, but playing a pissed off Saban in his own backyard on primetime is not a recipe for success!

I'm starting to believe that LSU will be Jimbo's last game as the Aggies' HC, but I think his fate and his exit will be negotiated long before this season-ending game.

What do you guys think about the situation?

2. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

I like having Jimbo at aTm. It’s usually an easy win every year.

Who would they get if he was canned? Scott Frost? Ed Orgeron? Lol

lsu-i-like and shane0911 like this.
  3. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Would Urban Meyer be interested? I think he's a piece of garbage too, but he does have a record of winning!

lsu-i-like and TBTrumpet like this.
  4. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

They might go after Lame Kitten. Sark & Lane going against each other (when TX joins the SEC) will add more fuel to the Horns-Faggie rivalry.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
    shane0911 likes this.
  5. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

If this LSU team is as bad as it has been looking, then actually maybe so. Lol.

6. Perple

Perple Founding Member

I'd pull for Jimbo to stay. If they switch, they'll likely go after Aranda before Bama does.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
    lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. msully

msully Founding Member

We have 5 games before A&M . FLORIDA OLE MISS (We may win) Bama another blowout. Instead of worrying about getting a coach fired. We should worry about last place in the SEC WEST. We have basically the same we had last season . Coaching cannot and will not help

8. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Now what, came down to the last play.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

You must not live in Texas if you could have hoped for the Aggies to beat Saban back-to-back. I would pull for Satan or terrorists or Jeffrey Dahmer against A & M.

Aggies are insufferable.

10. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I think even you were surprised that A&M played them so close, so let's not act like you were not surprised. The reality is the Aggies have been average at best under Jimbo and it's just another loss when you get down to it. When you're paying a coach ridiculous money and he's underperformed, there's are no moral victories. Jimbo almost beat Bama, but he got embarrassed by App. State and MSU convincingly.

Winston1 likes this.