Could LSU be getting a Grad Treansfer QB?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Tiger, May 8, 2018.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

With Stevie E? He probably still has dial up Internet and a rotary phone.

HalloweenRun and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Baby Huey has been in coaching a long time. He knows bringing in talent late will piss off most in that current position .
    He probably weighed this and decided ‘Fuck it. We got nothing now.’ Not a good omen.
    Also it sends a message to future prospects that if they come here they may get sandbagged going into summer with added competition. Yeah I know ‘you can’t be afraid of competition’ but this candy assed generation doesn't think that way.

Pjoe likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It's amazing how fans can spin every situation into a negative or positive depending on their mindset about the direction the program is headed. Nick Saban won an natty with transfer Jake Coker. Jalen Hurt was the established starter yet Tua still signed on. If Joe Burrows is a better QB than anybody presently on the roster so be it.

Herb, shane0911, Brian and 6 others like this.
  4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Agree completely. We’re talking about bringing on a talented football player, and the conversation is all about how messed up our coaching is, and how this may negatively impact our image, or future recruiting. Thats crazy. Who gives a F what CUMs motivation was to allow him to transfer to us, or how it’ll look if we don’t sign him, or what some young QB in high school that we are recruiting thinks? There’s a talented quarterback out there who’s looking to transfer and is interested in our program. You look at him, information gather by meeting with him, and if you think he can be a positive upgrade, you sign him. It’s that simple. So much doom and gloom around here.

mctiger, Herb, leroy7500 and 5 others like this.
  5. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

THIS! Entitlement is one of the biggest problems today.

6. Zackardo

Zackardo Founding Member

Then I read this as a positive endorsement - at least of Barrow. I'm sure Meyer doesn't care one way or the other about LSU, but the best thing LSU could do for him would be to hang an L on Bama.

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Good point; oh what I’d do to scare Meyer away from college football again based on what LSU did to tOSU.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I think the point would be, does this kid, if we get him, give us a better QB position than we had last year? Based on measurables, dude looks like another Mett with better feet.

cul2969 and lsu-i-like like this.
  9. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

Being an administrator for the last 30 years has taught me one thing about people today, that is no one wants to put in the work for the reward. Most come out of school and think because they spent the last four years at a prestigious university they should run the whole damn company! Not sure what happened to work ethic but few have it. Most people in the hiring pool today want top dollar in the first two years are they are bolting. It’s the same with these young athletes, they want instant gratification....I blame it on this Steve Jobs device I am presently typing on. When you grow up with everything at your fingertips you lose the skill set of working hard for something. Not all have this mindset but it is more common today. Competition is what made us the top of the food chain on the world scene. If they get pissed off at having to work for it, then they don’t have the right to be called a TIGER!!!

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Losing all the baby boomers doesn’t help. Power vacuum all over.

Bengal B likes this.