Could LSU be getting a Grad Treansfer QB?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Tiger, May 8, 2018.

1. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

In how many years...? Nick might just be the "ever ready bunny" and the process will just keep going and going and going and going...

Chipeace likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

AAAAARRRRGGGG

3. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

I can tolerate Baby Huey. I’m pulling for him. His stock has slipped in my eyes but I know he loves LSU and is not some mercenary asshole chasing a dollar like Jimbo.
    The burr in my ass is the Ensminger hire. I’d rather see a young up and coming OC come here and bring the forward pass to the program much like a missionary bringing religion to the natives.
    I just don’t see some hot shot qb prospect coming to play here for an OC old enough to be his grandfather.

Brian and stevescookin like this.
  4. Don Castavez

TigerTap likes this.
  5. Don Castavez

Stat I’m hearing is not since 1974 no current back with a recorded touchdown. Are we now Elmer’s offense w/o a running game???
    That will make the first Saturday night in November one long enema.

TigerTap likes this.
  6. Don Castavez

This pic makes me stretch something and it ain’t a convo

MikeInLa likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It is what it is. Oeaux will sink or swim but now he is doing it his way. What difference does it make if Ensminger is older than a lot of OC's? The head coach at a lot of successfully programs is old enough to be their grandfather. If Joe Burrow didn't like Ensminger he would have gone somewhere else. LSU already has a couple of hot shot QB's committed for 2019.

Put your pessimism into hibernation until after the first game or 3. We could play very well and still be 1-2 but I'm predicting 2-1. 3-0 if Auburn is not ss good as they are predicted to be.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Do you not remember the look when E took over during the interim year? Things actually looked like an offense.

This is at least worth letting it play out.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's what I just told him.

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

While it is true that he received a substantial raise from A&M--two million per year based on what I recall, 5.5 to 7.5MM--I can't agree with the mercenary descriptor.

One, we're talking about A&M who historically has over payed for everything. Remember, Sumlin getting 5 million a year when he was hired that was based on ... ?

And two, it's been discussed for at least four years how much tension there was between FSU administration and Jimbo. He's been looking for a way out for quite some time.

Personal opinion:

I'm sure you've heard of "stream of consciousness" when describing writing styles. I've seen what I interpret to be the same in speaking. As fast as Jimbo talks he doesn't appear to me as a guy who deeply thinks through responses.

One thing that struck me yesterday during the SECMD was his response to a question about the LSU offer. He began with "Unfortunately,..." To me, that was an odd choice of words to use. But, I also believe it shows the LSU job was under serious consideration.

All that said he is a guy that believes in himself. It's really close to the point of "it's all about me." That was evidenced by a lot of what he said yesterday. I coached a team that ended the SEC title winning streak. I turned around the FSU program in a matter of a few years.

However, if you think about that. If you think about his personality it's truly a fit for the A&M culture--bigger in perception than reality. So far that's fit with A&M.

Brian likes this.