Could LSU be getting a Grad Treansfer QB?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Tiger, May 8, 2018.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So we get a dude that couldn’t start at Ohio State.

Fuck it, bring him on. I remember thinking Ohio State’s receivers throw better than our qb’s a few years ago when they won the natty. Maybe their scout team qb isn’t that bad either.

Brian, HalloweenRun, 65Grad and 2 others like this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I’d be curious to see how our other QBs act if this happens. If they leave, probably didn’t have much to work with in the first place.

We’d take a four star in any recruiting class, and this would possibly help get our other QBs get more seasoned before being thrown to the fire. Would Brennan/Narcisse redshirt/transfer? Have they already spent their redshirt?

HalloweenRun likes this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Also think he's thrown 11 passes in his career. Brennan has much more game experience. This guy's only checks come from being older, and having been coached by Urban.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@shane0911 @LaSalleAve I only looked at the headlines on this guy, didn't read the article. Assumed because he was a grad transfer that he only had one year of eligibility, but he apparently has two years. Big difference. I withdraw my objections; come in and compete, Joe.

Brian likes this.
  5. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Supposedly, he gave Dwayne Haskins a run for his money to start for OSU this coming season. How true that is, who knows. Either way, if LSU does have a lot of interest it shows either the staff expects one or two transfers and/or they don't feel comfortable with any of the QB's. Either way, I'm feeling less and less good about the situation.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Since when do we have to coddle these QB's like 3 yr olds. I know kids are a fragile bunch nowadays but gd you gotta earn your spot at some point. Lack of qb competition has contributed to our regression.

7. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

8. didit

didit Veteran Member

Exactly... Competition is good for the team... If a dude leaves because he loses a spot, fuggem... This is coach O taking a page from Pete Carroll... Your high star rating shouldn't mean you're handed the starting position, go fight and earn it...

Brian likes this.
  9. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Question: Is Baby Huey scraping for Suckeyes rejects if he thinks Blonde Haired Jesus is worth a bottle of piss? Narcisse is probably leaving this summer. Maybe it's just to fill roster slot.
    I better buy more J. Daniels for this season.

10. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Is it more of a concern if all competition involved at position sucks?

shane0911 likes this.