Could Have Sworn That All Replays Were On The Up And Up...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Oct 25, 2018.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...c-12-make-replay-changes-executive-interfered

If there can be influence at the stadium level, why would anyone assume that there is not influence at the conference level?

2. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

3. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Over the years, I have strayed from the conspiracy theory of the replay system. I am now firmly and 100% convinced that there is corruption and we have seen it recently.

gynojunkie and lsu-i-like like this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Welcome to the dark side, we have fun here.

5. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Understanding the dark side... Maybe, it's simply a question of selective attention...

6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Chootem

1pzvbq.jpg

7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

the invisible gorilla...haven’t seen that one in a while

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It's unquestionably disgusting but a very predictable response from the worst AD in the country. The conference has fined
    Arizona coach Sean Miller $25,000 for using obscenities after a technical foul that later turned out to be part of a bounty scheme, they fined former Utah athletic director Chris Hill $10,000 for using inappropriate language during a private conversation with the head of basketball officiating, they fined Mike Leach $10,000 for accusing Arizona State of stealing signs, and they fined Mike MacIntyre $10,000 for chasing down an officiating crew after a game and expressing his frustration.

And yet here's what Larry Scott said about an untrained and inappropriate action by Dixon....
    “Woodie’s held in very high regard by our schools, he’s held in very high regard nationally, and by me,” Scott told reporters (2:43 mark) Saturday in the Martin Stadium press box.

“There was a mistake that was made here; there’s no question about that, and we’ve taken corrective action, and we’ve got ongoing discussions about other changes we might make.

“But he’s held in very high regard (because he has a Harvard degree? Please. Nobody cares, Larry, but you) by our coaches, by our athletics directors, our presidents and many others.”

Just for reference, "On the play in question, Dixon dissuaded video-review officials from penalizing WSU defensive end Logan Tago for targeting after he'd tackled Trojans quarterback JT Daniels. So Tago was flagged only for a late hit."
    [​IMG]

To be fair, the ref crew failed to call targeting on Porter Gustin against Wazzu's QB in the same game. The Pac12 conference has the worst officiating crew in the country but business men with no training should not be calling in to override anything.

9. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Scott, should be sent packin,.. he's let the PAC slide, but he always acts so proud of himself. The PAC presidents are to blame too, they just sit on their thumbs and watch. The one in Corvallis has far too much power.

uscvball likes this.
  10. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

gotta disagree on pac 12 having the worst.

Have you seen the SEC incompetence or corruption. Don't know how the pac 12 tops that.

Bengal B likes this.