Congratulations Coach Jay & 2023 Baseball Team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Jun 27, 2023.

1. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

It's rare to have 3 high draft picks on the same baseball team and that is what we had this year. Now JJ has to go find a couple more to go with White for next year.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The Beloso to leadoff move was a surprise, but I heard someone on radio say Cag was prone to hit batters, so why not give him the biggest target available? Lol, but the more reasonable explanation was moving him up likely got him another at bat. I would have questioned why he switched from Cooper to Guidry, but it worked out so I'll pass.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Brilliant way to throw off Cag. Every little thing helps and when you mentally prepare for a certain batting order and then it’s not the same when you’ve seen the same 2 games it might matter I don’t know.

APPTiger likes this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea. The UF fans thought it was a done deal but those Bama fans from the 90s where like:

[​IMG]

furduknfish and LSUTiga like this.
  6. mctiger

I thought SEC Network went a little overboard in hyping the game 1 win. It was like a night of free bulletin board material for FU. Then when they jumped in front in game 3 and their fans (both of them) starting chanting "Its great - to be - a Florida Gator" I started feeling good. Knew they were getting under our guys' skin.

LSUTiga likes this.
  7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I felt confident, with the maturity on our team- we would flush that 2nd game and be ready. Too many good veterans on that team.

mctiger likes this.
  8. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

I'm still basking in the afterglow of this Tiger championship. One of the kids and I talked about how good this team could be over Christmas. I got heavily invested in this team and rarely missed a game. Thank God for ESPN+. Can somebody get SELA some reliable wifi?
    Looking forward the team can be good but aside from the generational talent, we will miss a lot of the senior leadership we got from Dugas, Beloso and others. I'd like to see the pitching staff shored up a bit from the transfer portal and pick up one or two other position players.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

We got blasted with injuries this year! We lost 3 for sure to Tommy John and hopefully they will all be back next season if not at the start they should be all ready by mid season. Two others should be okay come Feb!

Replacing Wes will be a challenge but I trust JJ to find the right guy.

Winning Championships matter, that fan base in NE matters, having ESPN call it Geauxmaha matters, and lastly Jay Johnson matters!

It's time to Geaux on another run!

LSUTiga likes this.
  10. mctiger

Looks like the new PC will be Nate Yeskie from TAMU. Was JJ's pitching coach for his Arizona CWS team, and for Oregon's 2018 CWS championship. 2-time Pitching Coach of the Year.