Congrats to Bob Stoops on his 7-5 regular season! Good job, Bob!

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by JohnLSU, Nov 29, 2009.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

He's lost 5 out of his last 6 bowl games, with the victory being the 2005 Holiday Bowl against some Pac-10 team, the season OU finished #22 in both polls.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

OU was ranked #3 in both the AP and Coaches Preseason Polls. And what did StOOPs' team do? They dropped out of the Top 25.

3. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Let's see, top 5 team losses Heisman QB for the season, must play inexperienced Landry Jones, redshirt freshman, then Okla. goes 7-5, in the Big 12.

Consider our loss of RP, similar situation last year, except our QB situation was not as good as Landry Jones. And we went 7-5 in the SEC. Makes Miles performance last season look a little better in comparison, IMO.

1 person likes this.
  4. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Good point. Really reinforces the importance of the QB position,

:geauxtige

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Don't forget about USC. They were preseason #4 in both polls. They had 20-year-old Corp (#3 dual-threat QB recruit in the nation) and 21-year-old Mustain (5-star QB recruit), and they still struggled. We only have 19-year-old JJ (#8 pro-style QB recruit) and 20-year-old Lee (#7 pro-style QB recruit).

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

"My ability to prepare my team for bowl games and coaching during said games. Well ... to turn a phrase, I suck."

[​IMG]

7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Stoops and the Okies beat in-state rival Okie St (ranked #11/#12 at the time). But Stoops and Oklahoma still not back in the Top 25 yet (although they got 5 votes from the AP and 2 votes from the Coaches). No love for Bob :(

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i never really disliked Bob St. Oops until 03 at halftime in the national championship game when he was going into the locker room, he was asked "how hard is it dealing with LSU's number 1 ranked defense." and Bob said "you mean we have the number 1 defense." Ok Bob.

9. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

I'll give him a pass for losingto injury last year's Heisman Trophy winner and the Tight End Gresham who will be a first round pick in the nfl draft. Sam Bradfor is a big time player.

10. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

That was my defining moment with Bob Stoops as well.