Confidence in LSU Athletics

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Feb 24, 2016.

?

Confidence LSU Athletics is headed in the right direction

1. Whole milk

6.3%
  2. 2% milk

12.5%
  3. 1% milk

37.5%
  4. Skim milk

37.5%
  5. Malk

6.3%
  1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

My confidence is pretty low.

Football has been limping by. Basketball started stumbling early, started to regain its footing, but has now fell flat on the ass. Baseball has kinda been steady but finishing premature with lots of talent. Looking young this season, but who knows, probably our best shot of the big 3. Women's basketball is a failure. I heard swimming and golf are doing good things. Maybe tennis? Don't know, don't care enough to investigate. We lost our NC producing track coach...

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Milk? Is it from Les Miles titties??

3. lsu-i-like

Also, I tend to take up for Alleva, especially in light of the apparent involvement of politics, but the bottom line is Alleva hasn't had a great run. I guess you could say relative to where he took over, LSU isn't appreciably worse, but kinda trending down rather than up.

The hype last summer about having the best players in their respective sport has come back to bite him in 2 of 3 sports; waiting to see how baseball finishes. Compared to the hype, so far we've well undershot expectations.

So if we were to clean house, from AD down, I'd be on board. Don't think Maineri needs to be canned, but also kinda disappointed in his ability to finish. Also, I don't care about baseball too much, so I'd sacrifice it for the other two (theoretically). The only issue is it seems the problems run deeper than AD.

TheRealist and LaSalleAve like this.
  4. lsu-i-like

Sure, you'd be surprised what Dairy Science can do this day and age.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

This poll is utterly ridiculous.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm confident that LSU will remain a top 10 university when you combine all athletics. I am however not so confident LSU will see a ring in one of the 5 majors anytime soon. If any of them have a shot at winning a championship I would think the Softball team has the best chance. They are going to be pretty good. If I had to rank the 5 major sports, they would rank as follows:

1. Softball
    2. Baseball
    3. Football
    4. Women's hoops
    5. Men's hoops

This ranking is just how I see their probability of winning a championship.

Now, honestly I don't think 3-5 will ever win a championship or in Les' case another, as long as those head men are here. But I've been wrong a lot so who knows. I do know we seem to be able to get great athletes to our campus and then like a teenage boy with his first piece of trim in his bedroom, completely blows the load early or has no idea to what to do with it once it's there.

But fuck it, could be worse.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. lsu-i-like

Maineri's case too, right?

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I have more faith in CPM as a coach than I do in Les. I wouldn't want to lose Paul, when he starts not making regionals or finishing 3rd or 4th in the SEC then I think we should make a move. Don't get me wrong, I think he makes some boneheaded moves sometimes especially situationally, but he has done a pretty good job for the most part. LSU is still widely considered the best baseball university in the nation.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

In CPMs defense, Pouche really shit the bed last year in Ohmaha. Lange was godly as usual.

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

The administration from the governor on down but especially the board of supervisors and ad are terrible. That is one of the reasons I've not been eager to let Les go. I mean with the BB hires and all the shyte last Nov how you expect a decent hire from that gang of clowns.
    We're barely hanging on in football and track. Baseball isn't much better. Somehow the other minor sports are pretty good. I say clean house and hire a smart strong ad and give hire the authority to do what needs doing. Otherwise you'll be trading down not up.