Conferences Cancelling Games This Fall

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Jul 10, 2020.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

What I been saying. Every SEC game on prime time/channel. Fk the rest of the P5 confs. They were going all internal anyway.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

If the plan is to maximize both TV audience and butts in the stadiums, you have to spread it out some. Over 3 days you could do 4 playing times, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, and Saturday afternoon. But now if you're talking about games on 2 or 3 consecutive days on the same field, you need to concentrate in sites that have artificial fields, and there really aren't that many any more. So I'm going to add Bristol Motor Speedway in Bristol, TN as a venue. They played a UT vs VT game there a few years ago on an artificial turf field:
    Thursday: Georgia vs Louisville at Atlanta (main TV game), Missouri vs North Carolina St. at Baltimore
    Friday: LSU vs Virginia at Atlanta (main TV game), Vanderbilt vs Syracuse at Bristol, Auburn vs Pitt at Charlotte, Texas A&M vs North Carolina at New Orleans
    Saturday afternoon: Alabama vs Virginia Tech at New Orleans (main TV game), Arkansas vs Georgia Tech at Bristol, Tennessee vs Wake Forest at Atlanta, Ole Miss vs Duke at Baltimore
    Saturday night: Florida vs Clemson at New Orleans (main TV game), Mississippi State vs Miami at Charlotte, South Carolina vs Florida at Bristol, Kentucky vs Boston College at Atlanta

That's 14 games in 3 days in 5 cities, with 10 of the games being played on 3 turf fields.

tirk likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Don't need Bristol if they don't let fans in

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Well when they put out a football field there its artificial turf. NFL teams aren't going to want colleges playing 2 or 3 games on consecutive days on their natural fields, and the only artificial surfaces in NFL stadiums in SEC and ACC territory are in Nola and Atl. If you take Bristol out of the plan I did above you need at least two more stadiums.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Not really. When has the Big 10 been relevant recently for the national championship?

If only the SEC plays, we have the national champions 9 out of 10 years anyway.

LSUTiga, 65Grad and shane0911 like this.
  6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Ohio St - 2014

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

So, it's been a while.

gynojunkie likes this.
  8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

They have won two in the 2000's. The same number as Clemson. But yes, the SEC has dominated since 2001 winning eleven.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Last year Ohio State. We're leading Clemson until the 4th quarter. I call that relevant

10. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

I know a school with a brand new artificial turf field that can't get games scheduled.
    [​IMG]