Concerns

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Sep 10, 2017.

1. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

"Danny Canada" has looked decent against the two cupcakes games. But he is limited. At least from what he's shown so far. Yes, the long pass looked nice. But I thought he looked better against BYU to be honest. Then again, he had too few passing attempts, again. I know a few think were "Hiding" the Canada playbook. It's nice thought, but this is our "New" Offense. Brennen looked every bit a true Freshman, is also very small & honestly was a non-factor hitting 1 of 4 passes. Two possessions., two punts.

18 passes, 46 runs. They needed to get more passing done last night, because Bama & others will rip our current passing game apart. I suggested we "Come out throwing", but it didn't happen. Air Canada, eh? Etling only has 3 TD passes against 2 really bad teams.

It has now become very evident that Guice is not better than Fournette. This not a knock on Guice at all. He's a great running back. But he doesn't have the size to plow through defenders & just can't do what LF7 did. Very few can. I honestly thought he should have been up around 200 yards last night due to the competition, but I know Brosette got a lot of carries. Wonder if his wisdom reef are still bothering him. Still a bit worrisome, when we play a team who can play run defense. MSU not that team either, as they gave up 152 yards rushing to La Tech.

Do we have a solid #2 WR yet? @asignupe99 is correct, Drake Davis is a tremendously physically skilled player, but Canada went to him only once last night. Is Gage #2?

Defense looked great, no concerns there. Dave Aranda proving to be a very hot commodity in coaching. The preseason "Delpit is the new leader of DBU", was premature. Greedy Williams has led the charge so far.

Duh Coach O stopping the clock, up 42-10 to kick a FG with 5 minutes left, didn't play well with fans & brought the Boos. It looked desperately like running up the score.

It's still early, but these are just a few concerns..

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Its like when terrorist tell us why they blow things up, people ignore them and make up their own reasons.

Canada has said, repeatedly, he calls plays based on what the D gives him. PERIOD. He even went as far to say he will not call plays based on what the "fans" want.

Guice has been nicked. Still he had over 7 yards a carry last night. You guys have to remember we have freshman playing Oline and lost of pulling and shifts. Guice is ELITE. Different style than Fournette and gets yards after contact.

I also take issue with the late FG. We CLEARLY need the practice. Thats what these games are for. LSU fans bitched for years that we looked like ass vs these teams and didn't use them to develop players, well, now what?

CaryLab, Bayou Tiger and shane0911 like this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

SO who defines active? It was sure as shit active last night yet as you pointed out, we didn't really pass anymore than the other night.

Fans don't know what active means and don't know what we want. We aren't running into 8-9 man fronts so that is ALL I wanted.

We have Etling as our QB, not Brady.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    CaryLab and Bengal B like this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Of course they did. I didn't expect them to be as focused on Chattanooga as they were vs BYU and as they should be next week vs Moo U. I didn't expect 10 penalties in the first half but they could have sleepwalked through that game and still won. The problem was they knew it and played like it. No coach is going to convince his players that the Chattanoogas of the world are the second coming of Alabama.

5. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

How about OPENED UP long passes last night! Do you really think our TEs & F-backs are forgotten. When they stack the line, what happens ... play action and pass

MSU HASNT A CLUE WHATS COMING ...
    It's fun watching the play calling develop more each week ...

Canada has to be like a kid in a candy store with all the talent (and execution) at his disposal each Saturday. After 2 games, he's got a good 20 plays in the poke and a good feel for what to call ... Of course Negatigers gonna whimper about anything and imagine problems that just aren't there ...

WE ARE EXECUTING
    WE ARE NOT TURNING THE BALL OVER

WE ARE PASSING ENOUGH TO KEEP DEFENSES HONEST ...

It's Sunday Brothers, Can I have a Hallelujah

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well, how man times did the team put 8 in the box? If its 6-7 man fronts, we are going to run all day. Whats wrong with that?

Bama doesnt even throw it 30 times a game.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

He doenst compare. Hurts is a runner. Etling throws better. They run a different style O than we do. However, they use hurts as a game manager as we do.

8. VHSTiger

VHSTiger Freshman

I'm imposing a 12 hour rule this week. We beat a FCS/Div II or whatever school by 5 TDs. Truth be told, I think we were focused on MSU. Bring on the cowbells.

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Dont agree that THIS is our offense at all. This is Canada's first year no way we have installed everything. I do agree LF7 is better than Guice. We have LF7 this year we have 3 to 5 more tds. LF7 is a once in a lifetime back.

Here is my "counter clown"
    giphy-3.gif

TheRealist and TigerTap like this.
  10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Not Canada's style to settle on one offense week after week. I agree we cant beat Bama unless we can drive them crazy with passing. Our running game is not good enough we are average without Guice. Need to recruit a couple of big time backs quickly.

TigerTap likes this.