Concealed carry permit holder puts another thug down, forever.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, May 8, 2016.

1. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

And you take away guns and two things will happen. 1/ NO MORE will be thwarted. 2/ 100's will still be committed.

Here is another one. This shit is remarkable. Dude hit 3 for 3 in a moving vehicle.
    They shot around 40'rounds at him and missed.

http://usnewsinsider.com/watch-thug...ee-tough-texas-homeowner-something-else-mind/

Bengal B likes this.
  2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Who said otherwise?

But if there's an awful lot of bad guys running around why make it so easy for them to get guns?

Like I said, there are good arguments for and against, and I'm not making any either way. But some arguments are just dumb.

3. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Here are LOGICAL arguments (not that I agree with them):

Pro:

1) The high gun crime rate we endure under our atmosphere of gun proliferation is an unfortunate but necessary consequence of allowing our citizens the right to defend themselves.

2) Even if guns are illegal they will find their way into the hands of criminals, and it's not a fair situation that criminals should be better armed than their intended victims.

3) Ubiquitous gun ownership among our citizenry is a safeguard against attempted tyranny.

Here's a DUMB argument:

- Joe Blow blew away somebody who tried to rob him so it proves that universal gun ownership is a good thing to reduce crime rates.

And, NO, that's NOT the same argument as #2 above... the logical argument speaks to fairness; that dumb argument attempts to prove effectiveness.

4. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

A dead perp is damn effective

Bengal B likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Pretty effective for Joe Blow. If you don't want a gun or feel like you aren't able to become proficient the the sage handling and shooting of your firearm you shouldn't buy one. Not even the most ardent defenders of the second amendment propose that everyone should own one. We just don't want to be legislated out of our constitutional right to own and bear firearms.

6. Bayou Tiger

For me it's a simple matter. If someone comes into my home and tries to harm me, I want to be able to shoot them rather than have to hack em all up with a butcher knife, ax, etc.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Well, I was pretty good with a slingshot when I was a kid.

8. Bayou Tiger

Yeah well there was a time when I felt I could've taken care of em with my fists but that time has gone.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Taking care of a bar fight with your fists is one thing. Taking care of an armed home invader is another. You don't want a be bringing fists to a gunfight.

One time in a bar fight a guy came at me with a broken beer bottle. I grabbed a wooden barstool and cold cocked him with it.

Bayou Tiger likes this.
  10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

No troll you can't hide what you implied. As I said you made a false equivalence comparing the two statistics. They have zero relevance to each other. As usual you try to skate by by attempting to ignore your overall point. That's why you're a troll. You don't have the balls to carry out an honest debate.