Concealed carry license holder kills armed gunman

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

No. I don't know whether he identified himself or not. All I'm saying is that if he did and the suspect tried to fight him anyway then physical force is justified.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Physical force like punching him in the face numerous times is warranted?

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's what usually happens when you punch a cop. The Perp would have been smarter to just submit quietly to being arrested and get a good lawyer. Next time he probably will.

4. LaSalleAve

Did he punch him? And how was he supposed to know he was a cop. I can buy a badge anywhere. You shouldn't be a cop if that's what you have to do.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't know if the cop identified himself or not. If he didn't then the kid was thinking he was defending himself against an unknown assailant. If the cop did identify himself the kid was stupid to try to fight him.

Whether it's right or wrong everybody should know that if you punch a cop you are going to get a beatdown. He is lucky the incident didn't escalate to the point of him getting killed.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Todays paper had a lot of interesting information. They are saying that all the shots were fired by the city marshals, multiple marshals were involved, there was no weapon in the car, and they could find no evidence that the guy had any outstanding warrants. They aren't sure why he was being pursued. An on-duty Marksville police officer that responded to calls for backup was wearing a camera.

The State Police commander said that they wanted to interview the deputies the night it happened, but that they didn't want to be interviewed. WTF? You kill two unarmed people and the State Police just lets you walk away? Cops protecting cops again.

This is looking very bad. National media doesn't seem to have picked up on this yet.

http://theadvocate.com/news/13897572-123/live-updates-from-the-news

7. LaSalleAve

Yeah I couldn't understand why all the involved parties weren't separated and questioned immediately. Now they all have an opportunity to get their story straight. State Police have already fucked this one up. The Marshall was also driving an unmarked car. How is this guy supposed to know he's a cop?

My heart breaks for that little boy, the last minutes of his life he was probably terrified out of his mind.

Blue line will protect its own here again and there will be no justice for this child.

8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I'm afraid you're right this time. It's shocking to me that they let those guys go without being interviewed.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i read this yesterday morning and it pissed me off so i didnt even want to discuss it. this firing on people in vehicles who arent firing back or first has to stop.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Lots of unanswered questions. Few had no outstanding warrants. Why were the marshals after him?
    Three of the officers were city marshals. The 4th was an on duty Marksville police officer who was called in for backup after Few made a run for it. Why does a town of Marksville need 3 city Marshalls?

Since Few had no outstanding warrants why did he try to run? Were the marshals in uniform or plainclothes?
    Were the marshals black or white? I could see making a run for it if I was on Martin Luther King St. and I was being approached by 3 armed black men in plain clothes. Or 3 armed white men in plain clothes for that matter.

Few had had a DWI conviction and a few traffic citations but there is nothing about any criminal record. There doesn't seem to be any reason for him to run if he knew the marshals were law enforcement officials. If there was a reason for him to feel like the lives and safety of himself and his son were in danger running makes sense.