Concealed carry license holder kills armed gunman

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Nov 1, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

She was right...and wrong. The difference being the part where the caller said he appeared to be distressed and was brandishing an AR-15. Kinda distinguishes itself from just the plain old "open carry" thingy. Most females wouldn't know that though.

Glad to see we have you doing some research though. Had to be digging to stumble on that one. ;)

3. LaSalleAve

It just popped up on my yahoo feed. This is why I think open carry is ridiculous. To me, if you're carrying a gun, you're distressed.

4. LSUTiga

Quite the opposite. When I'm carrying a gun I'm completely at peace.

Bengal B likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

To you. Not to me. I instantly see a gun carrying person as a threat, and if I hear shots and I have a gun I'm shooting at anyone with a gun, I'll ask questions when everyone around me is dropped. Hell I'd probably shoot anyone that approaches, gun or not.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And which one of you is the paranoid?

7. LSUTiga

C'mon, you can't mean that. I figured you for a much more level-headed person than that.

If you're carrying a gun and hear shots, the first consideration should NOT be to draw. If you can run to get out of it, run. Before someone draws their weapon, they need to be sure of several things. Aside from the obvious, there's also "what's on the other side of those walls?" Kids in other rooms, etc. If a bullet misses the target it can penetrate walls and hit unintended ones. That's ONE of the reasons why a shotgun with buckshot is a great choice for home defense. Also need to make sure there are no innocent by-standers within a straight line from you TO and behind perp.

Especially after hearing shots, make sure the person you see holding a gun is not a good guy pointing at the perp who's on the ground on the other side of the counter, for example.

I'm sure you could be taught but based on your statement, I think it's a good idea that you DON'T carry. :D

Bengal B likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

You make it sound like you will have all this time to do all these things. A lot of times you don't, you react or you die. I'm just saying if everyone else is gonna start carrying one I am too and when it comes down to it, no one else gets the benefit of the doubt. And honestly if this shit really starts to get to a point where everyone is armed, I would hate to do this because I love my home state, but I would have no other choice but to get my kid way the fuck out of here. Fact is, I leave my house everyday and when I'm not at home or at work I'm always surrounded by strangers, strangers I don't trust without weapons, if they had them, this place would be unlivable.

9. LaSalleAve

You can sit there and say that all you want but I'm not the one that has to have a weapon to leave my house.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't have to have one. I choose to have one. With the way you want to indiscriminately shoot everyone that moves tiga is right when he says you best not carry one.