Complain to CBS About Coverage

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by pabwork, Nov 7, 2007.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

danielson is decent and I think they are ok as a team. certainly not the worst.

I think danielson said dorsey shouldnt play another down of college unless he's at least 90%. I dont have a problem with that. of course he said that right after he overreacted which he tends to do at times because he gets emotionally involved in the games. he is knowledgeable however.

verne lundquist is simply the ed mcmahon of college football. same laugh and generally adds very little to the broadcast. kinda funny in small doses.

2. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

AMEN SISTER!!!

Seriously though, I don't want us to be considered cry babies. We have dealt with the bias for years. Let's just BEAT IT OUT OF EM!!!!!!

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

As an out-of-stater I can tolerate Lundquist & Danielson. It's the video that counts. :thumb:

Counting the Hogs & SECCG games that will be 7 on CBS and 4 on ESPN. I love it. :lol:

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

You just beat me to it...though my point was going to be...by season's end (not including the SECCG), CBS will have telecast LSU to a national audience 6 times. That's just one less than NBC has devoted to Notre Dame, the only team it covers. I don't think I'll be complaining about CBS.

1 person likes this.
  5. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I have no opinion...seeing as I'm always at the game, and the CSS replay I watch is done with their own announcers. The only thing I would recommend is that CBS do a lot more night games..at least when they're broadcasting LSU! :thumb:

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Gary Danielson was the guy who described LSU's defensive dominance over OU in the 03 BCS title game by asking "Ok Oklahoma fans, you tell me where you want Jason White to throw the ball", or something along those lines (paraphrasing).

7. eL eS shU

eL eS shU Founding Member

14 games, and LSU will be on PPV only twice?!?

12 Nationally televised games in one season. :thumb:

8. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

No joke, we should be THANKING CBS. Actually I think that I will do just that!

9. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

I think they do a good job. Nobody's perfect.

10. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Ok, maybe I can give you the chemistry part and possibly that they know football marginally better than most people. But I must have a completely different definition of 'insightful' and 'funny'. I would never use those words to describe the duo.