Compare Brennan To Burrow What is Expectation

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Apr 30, 2020.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I was hoping to see Brennan get more experience at the end of games last year to build his confidence and get real game experience. That probably would have possibly cost Burrow the Heisman.

Can Brennan with the extra year in practice be as good as burrow as burrow his 1st season and win at least 10 games.

Assuming we play Texas game is that when we will know what to expect. I think we will need a better running attack and more screens to offset pass rush and also see scrambling ability and accuracy on deep balls.

We lost a lot of talent but their is no shortage of playmakers and talent on the team coming back.

If Brennan can settle in quickly I could see us challenging for the west title and more. Not that we are the favorite but Bama lost a lot of talent as well. A&M will have most experience coming back but they havnt proved ready for the big boys.

Auburn ia a little of a wildcard. Lost a lot on defense.

Hoping this virus is contained by mid summer and maybe just a month or so late getting season started.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

To you first 2 questions

No
    No

Burrow would have still won the Heisman.

Tigers should win more than 10 games with Brennan but no way will he be as good as Burrow. Ohio Joe is a once in a lifetime phenomenon. A perfect storm creating the situation where Joe could utilize his maximum abilities in the perfect offense for him lead to the greatest single season ever for a college QB and the team we are lucky enough for him to choose to transfer to.

What will be the differences between the way Joe Brady handled Burrow and the way Lineham will handle Brennan. If Brennan is even half as good he will be a first round pick.

65Grad and el005639 like this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I think it's unfair to "compare" one against the other. Let's just see what we get and judge MB against MB!

LSUpride123 likes this.
  4. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

As long as he’s better than Jennings & Harris, we’ll be fine.

LSUpride123, shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Jake Fromm says hi.

6. furduknfish

#lowbarset

Bengal B likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Brennan won't be a Jake Fromm. Oeaux is not going to have an offensive approach as conservative and ground oriented as Kirby Smarts'. Frommvhas talents and deficiencies. Smart never geared his offense to emphasize his string points nor hide his weak points.

It's like comparing a Ferrari to a unicycle.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. furduknfish

As I recall, Fromm had a very good couple first seasons but then began to regress significantly this year. There was Heisman talk coming into last year until LSU drummed him. Guy can play like you said in right system. Same goes here for blonde jesus. Jury still out.

Bengal B likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

We haven't seen enough of Brennan to know how good he will be. For one thing he has a stronger arm and can make throws that Fromm can't.

The big question is how much has he learned and absorbed from the pair of Joes. Will he have the instinctive pocket awareness and manuverability of Burrow? Will he be able to keep his eyes downfield and pick up the open second and third receivers?

Stay tune until whenever football returns to the field.

LSUTiga likes this.
  10. furduknfish

My point, you said if blonde jesus is half as prod as Burrow, he is first round. Puts him right around or possibly below Fromm's production. Too soon we forget how fickle the mistress that is the Draft can be.