Come on O pull yourself together

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Winston1, Nov 1, 2020.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Outside of 2019, and even early 2019, it seems like OL is a pain point. Look at what Burrow and Brady are doing in the NFL; not sure about Carolina, but Cincinnati OL sucks but he’s making it work. I don’t think E is doing as many favors for the OL, nor are our freshmen QBs.

If 2019 can be a blip for Orgeron due to external factors, I think the same can be said about OL.

Retention and recruiting of OL has been an issue from jump for O, and you can’t just ignore that part of Cregg’s job.

DL is a mess, in large part because our 3-4 NTs have opted out. O failed recruiting DL for a year or two and now we’re seeing the results. Honestly, I think Aranda is in part to blame for that.

Winston1 and TigerTap like this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Seems like you have settled down and being more pragmatic and thoughtful. Not saying our coaches are not responsible but when you lose a record number of starters from last year, your starting QB is hurt, young DL and 5 key opt outs it may be more than just Pelini or this or that.

ehusson80 and lsu-i-like like this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I’m just a little more perturbed than you. :)

TigerTap likes this.
  4. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

It is hard because we did lose so many to opt out and attrition early to NFL and now tranfer portal.

Bottom line is this team has talent but not at all positions.

We didnt just reload in all positions.

There isnt any leaders on this team. Miles Brennan gets hurt right of the bat of the season,

I am upset because i also think these players are not accountable to themselves.

We all knew we were starting over but we thought there was enough left to be at least competitive.

Dont doubt that there is still high level talent but just not enough.

A good recruiting class will help fill some of the weak spots.

We must focus on Linebackers. We are deficient there for sure.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  5. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

I know, I know.......he won’t be here 5 years, yada, yada, yada. Ohhhhh..you mean him getting old and retiring? Yea, it’s coming but I think he gets 1 more NC. It would really give him a boost to retire with 7. You know , GOAT and such.

6. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

See what is happening with the Patriots this year? That could be y’all relatively soon. Soak it up while you can. The higher you are, the harder the fall. Like us right now unfortunately.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  7. XXL TideFan

Been there before. You seem to forget that Bama has had multiple prolonged periods of excellence along with the drops that come afterward. Without Joe Burrow, Orgeron is a sub .500 coach at LSU. It shows in everything that he does. He was once a lights out recruiter but has always been a middle of the road coach, period. Now he seems to have lost his recruiting drive.

8. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Stop. I ain’t buying your negativity. Nice try, I guess. Most of your facts are wrong too. Also, Belichick is under .500 w/out TB. Is he a “middle of the road” coach? Besides, a coach totally gets credit for bringing in a great QB. If the queen had balls she’d be king. Weak sauce bro. Next.

9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

LSU has had 'multiple prolonged periods of excellence" as well jackass....

10. XXL TideFan

With Joe Burrow on their roster LSU was 25-3. Without Burrow Orgeron's teams are 33-36. Orgeron has a track record of middle of the road. Chizik, Malzahn are similar. You have an inability to be objective. I’ll leave it at this because you have a fascination with some drag queens balls...and that’s just creepy. Nummahs don’t lie