Come on O pull yourself together

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Winston1, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

I don’t see creativity or even play selection as the main problem with the offense. We are still running the same basic multiple receiver sets as we did last year. Without pass protection and a complimentary running game (example vs the gamecocks) our offense is doomed. Execution has been the main issue. Replacing Ensminger with anyone will not fix execution issues. Granted, 3rd down selections under Lineham is lacking. Offensive line quality & depth was a problem when Oeaux came in and unfortunately has resurfaced. Losses to the NFL and lack of spring practice have taken a toll. Some of our prized offensive line recruits have (like Kordell Thomas) have not developed or where way overrated.

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Power 5 hc position

3. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

It all revolves around coaching and leadership. Most of the mistakes revolves around fundamentals. There is little to no containment from the ends on defense. I have been watching the line play closely. It appears to me that the ends are lined heads up or shading slightly to the inside shoulder of the Tight ends/tackles. Then they are getting shaded further to the inside by blocks or just plain getting beat. This requires the linebacker, cornerback or safety to come up and make the tackle. Toss in pass coverage responsibility and a runner is ten yards downfield before a play can be made. God help us if any of those three get blocked.

Yes we are thin, Yes we are young but these guys have been playing football for a long time by now. It has to be coaching, it just has to be. I have been watching LSU football off and on my whole life and closely for about the last 26 years. I can't remember ever seeing an LSU team that played this poorly. I expected a drop off but this, this is a disaster.

4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

And $Ms more in pay guaranteed.

Its like they know nothing outside the gump starting lineup and even then thats questionable.

fanatic and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

My bad. I read the op as a lateral move. I don’t follow where our assistant coaches go for the most part

kcal and Bayou Tiger like this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You would if Saban wasn't there.

furduknfish likes this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I am convinced Oeaux is on a bender that started earlier this year.

furduknfish, LSU_4_LIFE, kcal and 2 others like this.
  8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Seems like it

LSU_4_LIFE and lsu-i-like like this.
  9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I honestly may not watch another game. Why would anyone make A CHOICE to go sit and watch knowing they will be so pissed off. Fuck that.

This week’s ass-whipping can’t be TOO MUCH worse but Bama will hang 60 on us.

65Grad, LSU_4_LIFE and COTiger like this.
  10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I've been listening to & watching LSU football for a long, long time. That is probably the worst performance that I can remember listening to or seeing in recent memory. Auburn dominated us in every phase of the game. To expect a Freshman QB starting his second game on the road against a long time rival and repeat what he did against South Carolina is asking too much. I've written this season off. I don't know that we will win another game. O better coach his ass off to keep this team together. And where our veteran leaders? If there are any, they have disappeared. I don't expect O to make any mid season coaching changes. That can wait until seasons end. And Bo better be at the top of the list.