Come on O pull yourself together

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Winston1, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

All the criticism posted since the game are valid and cover various problems. However everything starts and ends with the head coach. It seems to me Orgeron has lost control of himself first and foremost. In retrospect we could see evidence building from the exhibition after the Alabama game through his divorce on to the ignorance of the players’ actions during the BLM march etc. He hasn’t been focused like he was when he wanted to get the job. He got lazy with the Pelini and Linehan hires.
    When was the last time John Robinson was around? I think he needs to get himself together before he can get the team together. He needs to look into his heart and decide what’s more important, being the LSU coach or a failure. He’s done it before.....can he do it again?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

remember when the LSU OC went to the NFL and the LSU DC went to Baylor?

O went to bed....

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

The pieces are in place. There is a lot of young talent on this team and we have another top class lined up. O said it himself, he needs to evaluate his staff.

I’m losing confidence by the snap

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Everything now is a sunk cost, but if O had two bad whiffs with Canada and Pelini, it’s hard to trust the next hire. Hell, his best staff choices were keeping and hanging on to Miles’ DC and lucking into a future star who was taking coffee orders from Sean Peyton.

His OC is Miles’ TE coach and outside of the year where he got some help from Brady and Burrow, E has been hit and miss.

Extrapolating all the data puts O on shaky ground.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I would add Linehan to that list. I think we need younger, up and coming coaches, like Brady, who are more creative and better relate to the players. The game seems to have passed these codgers by.

65Grad, geaux9, lsu-i-like and 2 others like this.
  6. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

With the team/season last year O bought himself some time. The talent on this team is very young and inexperienced and most importantly, we have no (or just poor) leadership from the players.

That’s something that absolutely falls under the coach but should also happen organically within the team and is critical.

I felt in my heart and gut that last year was lightning in a bottle all along. I defended it to rival fans and haters all off-season with the argument that we’re LSU, we’ll always play good defense and always be loaded with talent. Well, jokes on me. I didn’t expect back to back title runs, but I didn’t expect a fall from grace this far/hard.

Trust me, I’d rather eat crow to guys like Caca than my Aggie neighbors but looks like that won’t be the case.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I don’t say this lightly... These Tigers have the look of a team that has quit on their coach. O better fix this before it snowballs beyond this season.

TigerTap, Hou-duco, kcal and 2 others like this.
  8. geaux9

geaux9 Founding Member

Linehan was a bad hire from day one. Promote Russ Callaway.

lsu-i-like and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  9. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Now let's be incredibly honest here, does anyone think the sells on O's book are gonna be affected by the way the team is playing lately?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

One is understandable the other makes zero sense. Why leave for Baylor?