Columnist Michael Malone Looks at Slanted Election Coverage and the Reasons Why.

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Just because there is bias in one direction doesn't mean its ok to have it in the other direction. Bias in reporting is not right, in either direction. But it happens because we are human... whenever you repeat a story don't you always tell it a bit different than the person you heard it from? Put your own "spin" on it if you will. There is bias everywhere, blantant bias is inexcusable but I seem to be unable to get away from it anywhere I go or read... so instead of complaining, I try and read or view the news from different sources so I can get it from all sides and then make an informed decision.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This is the bottom line. If you read and watch the media broadly enough, any possible bias is cancelled out.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

There are people without cable out there. They only have access to ABC, CBS and NBC News and the print media. I seriously doubt if they even know who the GOP candidate is.

4. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

If this is actually true, why does one side keep pushing for a "Fairness Doctrine"?

Why fix what isn't broken? Inquiring minds want to know! :wink:

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

less than that. if i didnt have cable/satellite, i could only get univision and pbs.