Columnist Michael Malone Looks at Slanted Election Coverage and the Reasons Why.

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Oct 27, 2008.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

No I think you had it right the first time.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not at all, he is just another biased media guy that you complain about. It goes both ways. You know, he didn't mention Ann Coulter or Rush Limbaugh, those paragons of the fair and unbiased media. :rolleye33:

3. Andouille

Andouille Guest

You don't know the difference between a journalist and a partisan pundit?
    I know you like to muddy the issues when they don't fall in your favor so lets take the semantics out.

Media bias refers to journalism bias. The Associated Press, Reuters, NY Times, LA Times, CNN, ABC News, CBS News, etc. Outlets that are supposed to just report the facts and do the best job possible to convey the issue as close to the way as it actually exists.

These outlets have long ago abandoned journalistic integrity and have consistently used their reporting and their power to influence the reader/viewer. There is study after study confirming this fact on the internet, many of which were conducted by admittedly left leaning institutions or people.

Anyone who is generally interested in learning about left-wing bias in journalism need not search far in Google to find clear and convincing documented evidence.

Of course, one could also just open their eyes and ears.

4. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I suppose you think Feaux News is one of the only "journalist" places and that Sean Hannity speaks truth?

LOL

5. red55

Redefining "media" to suit your purposes.

You left out the Wall Street Journal and FOXnews. You only see bias where you want to see bias.

I note that you didn't cite a single one of them.

It's not hard to find bloggers bloviating about it. But an independent study suggesting that is harder to find. Even then, "bias" is a subjective issue and impossible to prove.

It is my experience that those that rant about media bias just don't like what the news happens to be and are burying their head in the sand.

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

add cnn's john king to that list:

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2008/20081027164140.aspx

7. Andouille

Andouille Guest

Red knows the media is biased Left, he just isn't intellectually honest enough to admit it.

8. red55

What? CNN? But they are biased? :lol:

9. red55

You always want to speak for me and imagine that you know what I think. Do you have no thoughts of your own?

I'll speak for myself, thank you.

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member