Color me impressed with the new look offense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Aug 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

no it wasn't

this isn't steve's offense. where did the offense come from if it didn't come from steve?

yes, of course

some people improve with age and some are reduced to "get off my lawn!! " because they think they already learned everything worth learning. which bucket do you fall in?

steve is a great Tiger and was placed in a role he wasn't suited for. against the missouri's of the world he excelled, against the bama's of the world not so much..... so much so he asked for help, admitting he was deficient in this type of offense.

that's not a knock on him, it simply is what it is...

sadly i agree with you as you really don't have a clue as to how much brady helped Saturday

the vaunted football IQ and recruiting expert with a wait and see attitude, got it

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

:rolleyes: Stop.

ParadiseiNC and KyleK like this.
  3. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

So Brady made our recievers catch better? - Yes. We had the same numbers of receivers catch passes Saturday that we did all of 2018. Receivers catching balls is the passing game.

Made Burrow throw more accurately? - Looks like it.

Made our OL block better and improved their health? - That would be the O-LIne Coach. But Brady helped with an offense that helps get the ball out faster making the life of an o-lineman easier.

Coached up our RB's? - To catch the ball out of the backfield? Yes. We had the same number RB's catch passes that we did all of 2018. We successfully executed a screen pass for the 1st time since the forward pass was invented. That's the job of the passing game coordinator.

Brady is responsible for bringing in more TE's and getting our others healthy? - Health no, but neither did Ensminger. That took time and our training staff. But, Getting the TE's involved in the pass game as opposed to just blocking? Yes. Again, that's the job of the passing game coordinator.

Brady showed E new pass routes like an endzone fade, skinny post, deep post, slants, passes to RB's, deep and short curls, out routes and out and up routes? - Looks like he showed him when to call them and how to execute them, unless we watched 2 different games. But again...…. that's the passing coordinators job, right?

Man so glad Brady showed up and taught E these "modern" new fangle routes. - Me too!

Brady is one hell of a coach - Great passing game coordinator, I agree!

why do we even need a head coach - HC has a completely separate job

or an OC! - Most teams have an OC and passing game coordinators. Looks like you're worried our OC is about to lose his. Also looks likely we may lose our passing game coordinator after this year if LSU maintains this offense and these numbers against better competition. Someone will definitely nab him for an OC position if we don't promote him. But, that's an IF and only time will tell. Still a lot of football left to play against better competition too.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  4. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

Accept that E is Gene Autry riding off into the sunset and gone after this year having “called every play” in a SEC Championship year ... Give the Buzzards their little joys you Old Ebeneezer

Accept that Shorty is the playcalling genius that was hired to bring Saints plays and offensive organizational knowledge to LSU

Shorty is an RPO genius and a “NATURAL” at making INSTANT ADJUSTMENTS to BLEND RUSHING into a passing attack.

Shorty could have an outstanding career at LSU if someone doesn’t steal him away ... He’s a William and Mary grad from Florida with no strong college ties to any SEC team except us ... Wait that MSU connection???

He’ll be LSU OC next year when Myles is duplicating Jeaux’s feats ...

YOUR NEW MANTRA MEAUX ...
    WE ARE NOW A VAUNTED OFFENSIVE PASSING ATTACK ... Say it 500 times

LSU_4_LIFE and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

I think the Ensminger Brady arrangement could take two years ... Ensminger has a lot to teach a quick learner like Brady ...

It might be a Mistake throwing Brady into an OC role next year ... Might be better to wait 2 years ... Oeaux’s gonna do it right for sure

Cue the Shimpboat pic with sparrows

LSU_4_LIFE and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

I like the bold type ... Caps would be even better

7. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

No, they wouldn't. Get the damn caps out of your head. We do not need them here. Thanks

8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I'm just gonna start deleting his posts that have all caps

ParadiseiNC, Fishhead and furduknfish like this.
  9. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

@Kikicaca

Yes, WR's are a year older and more mature
    Yes, Burrow is a year more developed
    Yes, they (WR's & QB) had a spring & summer to work on getting better together
    Yes, our TE's and O-Line seem to be healthier.

Nobody is saying Ensminger didn't do his job. But quit acting like Brady didn't do his. We (the LSU fan base) have been waiting for this for years. We know damn well Brady didn't come in and wave a magical wand. But he definitely brought something to the game and It was a group effort. The whole lot. Lets just enjoy this, can we?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Fishhead, kcal and KyleK like this.
  10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Thats alot of work youre taking on.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.