Color me impressed with the new look offense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Aug 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Didn't know you knew so much. Some questions.

Were you at spring and fall practices this year? If so what did you observe? Were you in the offensive gameplan meetings with the offensive staff this year? If so how did those meetings go and how much influence did E, WR coach, OL coach, RB coach, HC and Brady have In those meetings? Were you up there in the booth with E and Brady calling plays this year? If so how much influence did E and Brady have over the gameplan and what plays were called?

These are not trick questions. As for myself my answer is no to all of the above so just let me know your answers.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

After X amount of years coaching a coach has a sudden flash of genius? You mean like coach Ed Orgeron? So in your mind people don't ever change don't ever get better as they mature? Is O the same coach he was at Ole Miss or has he gotten better?

Not trick questions

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Oeaux didn't become a better coach overnight. He paid his dues over years and learned from some of the best. If he had become head coach at LSU or USC immediately following being fired from Ole Miss he would have failed again.

Comparing what Oeaux has accomplished years later to giving credit to E for creating an offense practically overnight is a very bad analogy. The offense you see in the field is Joe Brady's heavily borrowed from Sean Payton's Saints offense. The 2018 LSU offense was much closer to Les Miles.

didit and lsu-i-like like this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Overnight? Speaking of overnight do you doubt the offense that E had to literally create overnight after 4 games into the 2016 season? One day E is the TE coach the very next day E is the OC now that's what I call overnight. Below is what E accomplished overnight

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spo...-lsu-best-last-decade/JMdiXY0aCoOKvs9kG11kjI/

Coach PPG YPG RYPG PYPG
    Gary Crowton (2007-10) 31.2 366.8 175.2 191.6
    Greg Studrawa (2011-12) 32.9 364.3 188.7 175.6
    Cam Cameron (2013-16) 31.0 417.5 223.9 193.6
    Steve Ensminger (2016) 32.0 464.9 253.6 211.3
    Matt Canada (2017) 27.2 411.1 207.6 203.5

Did Joe Brady gave anything to do with what E accomplised in 2016?

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

We all love the offense; most agree that E and Brady contribute, so what we’re arguing is degree. Most think Brady deserves the lion’s share of credit, and I don’t think that diminishes E’s contributions.

Of Brady’s lion’s share, btw, Burrow probably gets a portion (another unknown).

Seems silly to argue degree. I’m much more worried about Aranda’s D and STs, though it’s mostly the return game now.

I’m also somewhat concerned about recruiting casualties, though folks in the know seem to think we’re processing guys. Hope we fulfill our needs, especially on the lines.

KyleK and Bengal B like this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Resonable! As far as Aranda's D I think he had some lapses this year like playing man coverage against Bama when he should have played pure 3 deep prevent on that play where Smith scored with 1 minute left. Overall A is doing his job just needs more depth on the D line which is coming. As far as recruiting I wouldn't worry. The casualties will be replaced with equal or better players. LSU is back and the recruits will be drawn to winning.

LSU_4_LIFE and lsu-i-like like this.
  7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

[​IMG]

el005639 and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Bam.gif

9. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

I have to respect the hustle here. You found an article from Ohio's 6th-largest city to support your case.

For the record, I wouldn't hire any of the names on this list for an OC. Meanwhile, Joe Brady, who is just a lowly passing game coordinator, is going to get a monster raise, tons of offers from huge programs, and will probably win the Broyles Award for top assistant coach in all of football.

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

So the numbers E's offense put up in 2016 are a lie? BTW E's 2016 interim coaching team was without a Joe Burrow and the big time recievers we have now yet so called Brady's offense put up only 96 more yds per game than E's 2016 team. Once again facts and statistics are a bitch. Try something else youngster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.