College Players Getting Paid

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Bengal11, Oct 1, 2019.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The shit is this ridiculous law passed by the state that allows people to crap on the curb. It's just bad, it's awful and it will ruin college football. This ladies and gentlemen is the beginning of the end.

MikeInLa and GiantDuckFan like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Now if it would fall into the see while you are on vacation........

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

@CajunlostinCali hates Florida with a burning passion. He lives in California and hates it too. I have spent a lot more time in Florida than I have in California but if I had to choose I would live in Florida, There is a lot to hate about the jort wearers but at least they don't have any state income tax. A lot of the people might be really fucked up (see the Florida thread) but at least they are mostly real instead of phoney like Cali. And they do care about football. In Cali I probably couldn't even get into a good argument about how superior the SEC is to the PAC. Nobody cares. I would have to go to Oregon and argue with @GiantDuckFan

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

In the world of bad takes you can take some solace that you're not the only one who's voiced this fear. It's far, far from reality.

You're assuming a situation where Knight would decide to start sending a lot of money Oregon's way and it will give them an edge. He won't. It would be one of the most stupid business decisions ever made.

Think about it ... what's going to happen if we see Knight and Nike showing a substantial preference for Oregon? Let's put it this way. If you happened to own stock in UA or Adidas your portfolio would see a BIG jump as other Nike schools line up at their (UA, Adidas) doorsteps.

Now, as to some of you other folks here worried about California getting a leg up on SEC schools. I'm as worried about that as I am about Bama losing this weekend. Quite frankly, with the passion of the fans in the SEC and the fact that the area of the country which has the most viewers for college football are found in the south it'll serve to make the SEC stronger than it is today.

5. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

The way I see it... this could go several ways. I mean, kids who are in it for the money, and kids her are passionate about playing football. But let's face it... most of these guys are aiming for the NFL to make the big bucks and move momma into a nicer house and get them some bling. Actual playing skills could get lost under this mess.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Democrats have this country in political turmoil aand always will have us in turmoil if they lose elections now they are putting sports in turmoil. They will eventually destroy both this country and competitive sports especially football. They are already trying to blur the lines between women and men in sports. Transgender males in some places are allowed to compete as girls. If you like freedom, your cars, flying on an airplane, cheap dependable energy, having the right to bear arms, competitive sports, hunting, fishing, your RV's, boating with a powered boat and vote for a democrat and you will eventually lose most if not all of the above.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Republicans too, don’t be naive.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Good point forgot to mention the Romey's and McCain's of the the GOP. They are even worse by masquerading as conservatives.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

#thereallexluthor

Not all of it, just west SAF.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  10. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

I'm not even sure what to say to those claiming that this is some kind of plot by left leaning people. This is capitalism if there ever was capitalism

Direct payments from a school to a player would be bad, but if some kid can profit from his own likeness, it's un-American to tell him he can't. College football makes billions of dollars. You can still get all misty eyed about "amateurism" if you want to, but the fact is, the ONLY ones not profiting are the players. There is no game without them. People call the NFL hypocrites or whatever, but at least the labor is fairly compensated.....