College Players Getting Paid

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Bengal11, Oct 1, 2019.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

You've stated this before but runs counter to most we know at LSU. Does USC really not feed their players or is this only your assumption? @GiantDuckFan, does Oregon not feed their players?

2. furduknfish

Only signed into law. Was some rep/senators bill. Not much going on in GN slicked back head.

uscvball likes this.
  3. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Today there are parents who pad high school coaches salary to let little Johnny play. College would be no different.

uscvball likes this.
  4. furduknfish

Until they get shit-canned by said college. My profession requires a high degree of independence and CoI is not tolerated, so its only good till you get caught.

5. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

ok then - if we want athletes to get paid, then give them a monthly stipend that is equal for all rather than let a select few profit.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The problem with that is Title IX. It's not financially feasible to pay all the swimmers and soccer players and golfers the same amount as football and basketball players.

The California law makes everybody a free agent when it comes to negotiating their own deals. No money would come from the schools or the athletic departments.

uscvball and lsu-i-like like this.
  7. leroy7500

leroy7500 Founding Member

What if a Coach owns a BMW dealership in Tuscaloosa and wants an endorsement from Tua ahummadahummadahummadah?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Brennan could probably fetch starting money, I mean starter endorsement $, at another school. We need to discuss salary caps and free agents.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

At this point, why wouldn’t the NFL, with their greedy fingers, not start pre-pro league?

10. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

So if the player gets hurt, leaves the team, what if a School is on probation ?

Let me raise this. I think the name of the University has a great deal to do with your image. Timmy Chang put up insane like numbers but was at Hawaii so nobody really cared. Right now there is jealousy over playing time imagine having to deal with Bobby gets paid more than Timmy because he carries the rock and Timmy is just a lineman.

lsu-i-like likes this.