College football post spring practice top 25 rankings (ranked 41st)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, May 1, 2018.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

No, he's got another year. Maybe it was an early mock draft for next year. Personally, I think the ranking is more about that hazy love for Petersen and it doesn't make a lot of sense.

lsu-i-like and GiantDuckFan like this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It doesn’t? The dubs seem more relevant than they’ve been in years.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I watched the bowl game he was in. He led a pretty impressice comeback.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

5. lsu-i-like

I’m not concerned; I think this is more about us being overrated for a decade. Still, this is hot seat material for O. Doesn’t help Alleva if there are factions out for his head.

stevescookin likes this.
  6. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Handicapping LSU (7.5)
    May 7, 2018
    By BetDSI
    ShareFacebookTwitterDiggMySpace

Check out more College Football Future Odds at BetDSI.eu!

The LSU Tigers are coming off a successful season in the first full year under head coach Ed Orgeron, as they went 9-4 overall and 6-2 in the SEC. The Tigers will have a new offensive coordinator in 2018, as Steve Ensminger takes over and LSU has a very good defense led by linebacker Devin White.

LSU 2018 Regular Season Win Total
    Over 7.5 (-120)
    Under 7.5 (-110)

The problem for the Tigers is that they face one of the most difficult schedules in the nation for the 2018 season.

2018 SEC Win Totals

2018 LSU Tigers Schedule Analysis

Sept. 2 vs. Miami (AT&T Stadium - Arlington, Texas)

The season opener for LSU is not going to be easy, as Miami is turning into a national power under head coach Mark Richt. The early odds on this game have the game a pick and it could be that this game decides whether or not the Tigers will have a chance to win eight games and go over their win total of 7.5.

Sept. 8 vs. Southeastern Louisiana

The Tigers get an easy game for their home opener, as they face the Ragin’ Cajuns. This is a sandwich game for LSU but they have far too much talent to lose this game at home.

Sept. 15 at Auburn

The first true road game of the season for LSU looks like a loss. This will be a revenge game for Auburn, as they were beaten last year 27-23 by LSU. The home team has won the last four in this series.

Advertisement
    Sept. 22 vs. Louisiana Tech

This might not be an automatic win for LSU, as Louisiana Tech will want to show they can play with their instate SEC rival. Louisiana Tech nearly beat South Carolina last season, losing 17-16.

Sept. 29 vs. Mississippi

The Rebels have an explosive offense that can give LSU all kinds of trouble. This is a home game for LSU, but definitely not a game that can automatically be put in the win column. LSU has won six of the last eight meetings in this series.

Oct. 6 at Florida

The Tigers have won six of the last eight meetings in this series, but Florida has a new head coach in Dan Mullen and a new outlook. LSU just barely got by the Gators last season, winning 17-16. The advantage for LSU in this contest is that Mullen faced his former Mississippi State team last week.

Oct. 13 vs. Georgia

The Tigers will probably be listed as home underdogs in this contest, as Georgia is considered one of the top teams in the country. This is one of the only big tests for Georgia this season and they will be extremely focused.

Oct. 20 vs. Mississippi State

The Bulldogs have a new head coach in Joe Moorhead so it is hard to know what to expect from them this season. This is really a must-win game for LSU if they are to have a winning season.

Nov. 3 vs. Alabama

The Tigers rarely win against the Crimson Tide, as they have lost the last seven meetings. Both teams will be coming off a bye, so both will be well prepared for this one.

Nov. 10 at Arkansas

The Battle for the Boot has seen LSU win six times, while Arkansas has won five times in the last 11 meetings. The Razorbacks have a new head coach in Chad Morris and they have a new defensive coordinator in former LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis. This is another one of those swing games that will determine LSU’s season.

Nov. 17 vs. Rice

This should be an easy win for LSU, as Rice went 1-11 last season.

Nov. 24 at Texas A&M

The Tigers will face a difficult late season test at A&M who has a new head coach in Jimbo Fisher. The Tigers have won the last seven in this series, but that streak could come to an end this season.

Can you find eight wins on the 2018 LSU schedule? If you give the Tigers the benefit of the doubt, then maybe they can win seven games but it is easy to see LSU finishing at 6-6 or even 5-7 in 2018 and that means they go under their win total of 7.5.

8. lsu-i-like

The SELA Ragin Cajuns are fierce. Vegas is as much a measure of public opinion as on-the-field bonafides. LSU has been underachieving for years, seems like everyone is overcompensating, but also betting against O/E/Alleva/F**King

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

This wasn't public opinion. This was about a handicapper trying hard to find 8 or more wins. He really couldn't.

10. lsu-i-like

If everyone is right I hope O is fired after Alleva after F**king. I think LSU has earned the pessimism, it’s all on Bebe now. But I don’t think dark horse is out of the question. I can find 8+ wins; I’m assuming that costs me 120 to get 220. To get 7- wins costs me 110 to get 210. I guess that means they think people are more likely to take 8+.