Colin Kaepernick

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by shane0911, Aug 30, 2016.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Then explain OJ???

The major issue money not race.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Someone needs to show that picture of all the congressmen and women in the capital building sitting down during the pledge of allegiance.

I don't agree with Kaepernick or Reed but I regcognize their right to do what they did. Again it just seems weird to me.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

If you don't see the relation in the inequality of the sentencing structure then i don't what to say. Read a book maybe

4. LSUMASTERMIND

Not even close to the same thing. That was a trial by jury and a botched prosecution. This is about inequality

5. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

That's the thing. We all agree Brock Turner should be sitting in jail for his crimes.

I'll break this down for you, because it isn't on social media... I see sentencing almost every Monday in a circuit court. And trials every week. There is no inequality. I don't need a book to tell me that. Or a meme. But that won't fit anyone's narrative, because of other events.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

And if you could do a side by side of of sentencing in 2016, I'd rather see that. Instead of one that was released in 2012, meaning his sentencing was at least '07. That's like saying "yeah but this one time years ago".

7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Inequality based on 2 stories or overall statistics? Can do this all day but the reality is that in this country, social equality in arrest and prosecution are subjective when it all really boils down to accusations of institutional racism by the media when the reality is the incarceration rates are a product of social pathology.

http://www.aim.org/special-report/black-criminals-white-victims-and-white-guilt/

I read it and as I am sure there are some biased objections, it's kinda hard to ignore some facts.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Actually it points to money and flawed judicial system quite well I think..... but that isn't the narrative you are pushing.

Now, I would never be as so bold to say their aren't racist judges. However, can you admit it also goes both ways? Would a black judge be more lenient when they otherwise should not be?

Its an imperfect system. It sucks, but its more than likely the best int he world and improves as we progress in society.

Clearly it is better than when your parents were our age???? I think we could agree yes.

But posting a link to a single story is not why Kaeperdick sat down. He sat down because he thinks he sees all from his high perch.

Real change comes from people with power using their power. His power is not from him sitting on his ass. It is by his wealth and being a role model.

Basically, all he did was point the finger and let us figure it out. Sitting on your ass is not taking action.

And before anyone else says "well hes starting the conversation" that conversation started many moons ago.

The same flag he protested is the same flag that fought to end slavery. In fact, you can find our flag fighting for most things around this globe.

So excuse the fuck out of me if I respect his right to free speech but also call him an ignorant fool.

That flag afforded him the great opportunity he now has playing a fucking sport for a living.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    BAY0U BENGAL likes this.
  9. LSUMASTERMIND

The stories are examples of inequality. That article is about statistics which equate to statistical diversity in the population in this country

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Why is it that you think 68% of NFL players are black?