Coaching changes

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by ParadiseiNC, Feb 12, 2015.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Lots of coaching changes for the Saints recently with no thread on the issue. What do people think? Is the administration getting serious about winning now, while DB has a few years left? Do you like the additions? Any insight on some of the coaches, good or bad?

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

The Saints have hired Louisiana Lafayette defensive coordinator James Willis to serve as a defensive assistant / linebackers coach, and also announced a number of other hires and changes including; Dennis Allen (senior defensive assistant), John Morton (WRs), Joel Thomas (RBs), Dan Roushar (TEs), Kyle DeVan (offensive assistant), Greg Lewis (offensive assistant), and Brendan Nugent (coaching assistant).

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

This is the article highlighting the new coaches. I don't know much about most of them. Have heard a few of the names. Was curious if others had more insight or opinions about them?
    Meet 7 new members of 2015 New Orleans Saints coaching staff

LSUDad likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

If Rob Ryan is still there it won't matter.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

maybe we can loan out yaw yaw for sean payton for a month in the offseason to help us find and coach a qb.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The Saints have one of if not the least talented defense in the NFL. I'm not sure anyone out there could do much with that roster. I'd like to see him coach a saints D with talent before I make final judgment on his coaching ability.

7. old school

old school Veteran Member

I can't imagine the hiring of Dennis Allen not being a problem for Rob Ryan. This is almost like having co-defensive coordinators, although the Saints will spin it so that all the coaches love each other and are in perfect harmony. Ryan has to feel as if Allen is his possible replacement if the defense doesn't turn around.

mctiger likes this.