Coach O channeled his inner Miles last night

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DownOnTheBayou, Nov 6, 2016.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Do you think the Bama defense might have had an impact on the shitty LSU offense we saw Saturday night?

TUSKtimes likes this.
  2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

The best line during the ballgame was when Vern ask Gary Danielson who benefited most from the first half? His answer: the NFL scouts. That game was mostly about great players making great plays.

3. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Go back and re-watch the game. We should be sick to our stomachs. We had the ball for 18 minutes in the first half.

Our first possession was after the INT - at the Alabama 33. And we got ZERO points.

Our next possession we hit a 41 yard pass to the Alabama 43. Lose 8 yards after that. ZERO points.

Our third possession started at our own 47 yard line. 3 plays. 2 yards. ZERO points.

Our 4th possession we drove from our 20 to the Alabama 40 before stalling out on 3rd and 7. ZERO points.

Then, with 1:10 left in the 1st half we get the ball at the Alabama 47 yard line. Think we had 2 timeouts left. We managed 5 yards. ZERO points.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  4. P&G_wheelz007

My point is, we had control of the game in the 1st half. Both defenses dominated. We shoulda/coulda/woulda been in much better shape with any amount of points on the board going in to the half. We could have won this game. Our D is just as dominant as theirs is.

I realize that had we scored 3 or 7 on any of those possession than we would have kicked off and the field position would have changed, going forward. But man, we had the whole first half in our favor and couldn't put together 2 or 3 good plays in a row to get us points.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It was the national championship all over again. Sad part is LSU's offense wouldn't have done shit against LSU's defense either. I think LSU's defense played better than Alabama's did because Alabama's offense is better than LSU's.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  6. P&G_wheelz007

We never had a chance in the National Championship game. This past Saturday night, our D was dominant. Our O had the ball in great field position and only need a play or two to get going.

In the National Championship game, Bama marched the ball up and down the field and kicked FG's until finally scoring that late TD.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  7. P&G_wheelz007

In fact, the Bama offense crossed midfield ONCE in the first half, and missed a long field goal.

The second time they crossed mid-field, was in the 3rd quarter and we stuffed them at the goal line.

The 3rd time they crossed midfield (after we punted), Frank Herron knocks the ball out Hurts hands and we had the ball at the Alabama 42 yard line. 0-0 game with 5:42 left if the 3rd quarter. We had our chances.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  8. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Agreed here. This was totally different than the cluster in the big easy. I would say our D out played the vaunted gump D in this game. If we could have a decent oline this game could have very well been a couple of over times.

9. P&G_wheelz007

Yes. We could have been up 3-0, 6-0, 10-0 or as much as 14-0 at the half if our offense could have gotten ANYTHING going in the 1st half. We had our chances early.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  10. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Of course. But those numbers are ghastly. I bet every other team Alabama plays will easily exceed those numbers.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.