Coach O channeled his inner Miles last night

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DownOnTheBayou, Nov 6, 2016.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

What makes you think O would keep LSU competitive. Yes his record as INTERIM coach is good. But the IHC doesn't have anywhere near the pressure as the HC who's handed the keys.

Now O was a HC once. How well did he do? 10 wins in 3 years. He's yet to beat an SEC team with a winning record.

2. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

And your candidate is? I'm not a prophet but I've been watching this carnival a long time. A lot of coaching choices have left us walking out with toilet paper stuck under our shoe.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Saban wasn't very good at Michigan State, he was ok, he wasn't very good. People change. Honestly I like his approach. He isn't a guy who is going to meddle. He is going to let his people do their jobs. If LSU wins out in convincing fashion, he should have the job.

Rouxleaux and fanatic like this.
  4. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

@Arkansas, Florida and @Texas A&M, that should do it.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You are taking a chance with almost every coach out there save Saban and Meyer.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That certainly wasn't aggressive. That was the only thing I wanted, to at least look like you were trying to score.

DownOnTheBayou likes this.
  7. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

The pocket collapsed on Etling just about every time he dropped back. And now we know he can't throw the ball on the run.

I thought Danny could have tucked the ball and gained 6-8 yards a few of those times. Nothing big, but maybe just a few chain-movers. After all, Bama did not score a single point until their own QB started running.

Zero points. Zero trips to the red zone. 125 yards. 6 first downs. It will be a while before you see an offense (ANY offense) play that poorly again.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Since the LSU o-line couldn't sustain their blocks, I was surprised O didn't run more shotgun formations.

P&G_wheelz007 likes this.
  9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

He's not one to meddle because all of his assistants have set times to report to him. Daily, hourly.

I wish I could have the regime set, which everyone follows, that he does in his daily schedules. (The idea of having the same thing for lunch every day blows my mind. No freakin' way could I do that )

10. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Who's greatest o line was that playing this past weekend. Not Eaux. The guy has done a hell of a job being thrown in to the drivers seat. What do you think this game would have been like with miles at the helm? I wouldn't say Eaux doesn't get the job after losing to the gumps 10-0. (really I should have been just 3-0 but the zebras wanted to help a little). Do we need a new OC yes, do we need a new o-line coach yes, and while we are at it get rid of peveto as well. But to say this is the reason why Eaux doesn't get the job is foolish. Who else has only allowed the gumps to put up 10 pts? Yes we needed to be more inventive on offense but freaking etling was running for his life, as you pointed out. That was miles' baby right there. This dumpster fire wasn't made in 4-5 weeks and you are foolish to believe that you can fix it with interm coaches in 4-5 weeks.

Frankly I think this loss might actually get Eaux the job in the end. If we win out how do you look at this season and say he doesn't get the job. Now the rest of the staff save aranda should be question marks for sure.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.