Coach O channeled his inner Miles last night

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DownOnTheBayou, Nov 6, 2016.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

No, please tell me.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I thought the play calling was good at times, but at times it was really bad. It was clear to me from the jump that it was going to take some misdirection and draws, and some throws to the backs out of the backfield, and then a playaction a few times here and there. Alabama is good, im not taking away anything from them, but sometimes you have to use that against them. There were routinely defenders in the backfield, why no designed screens? The 2 draw plays that were run went for like 4 and 5 yards. Now you can't run draw every play but you can run some traps, some counters, things that use Alabama's aggressiveness against them. But we didn't even try that.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

There was plenty of pressure on O when we played a higher ranked ole miss team. One that we dismantled. You don't just gloss over SEC wins bc it helps your argument.

Last night we had a terrible offensive game vs the best program and coach of the last decade. Or maybe ever. Color me not shocked.

If they look the same vs the remaining schedule then he's out. Last night not so much but the 1.9.12 flashback didn't help anything.

The bigger question is how did O get the same group to set an LSU offensive record for yards after 100 yrs of LSU football with only 4 days to prepare.

And also get all the plays in on time for 3 straight game prior to last night. That was amazing. I didn't think it was possible.

The Bama game was a setback but Os name will be in the hat going forward. As it should be.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yep

5. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

That's all I was asking for last night was to try something different. Would it have worked? Maybe, maybe not. But at least try.

I would've even liked to see some no huddle like Ole Miss did to us. They did rack up over 500 yds against Bama. I know our QB isn't as good, obviously, but who knows it might have opened some things up.

6. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

49 yarders are tough in college.

7. Don Castavez

It's VERY hard.

8. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

I wasn't glossing over it, but it was nowhere near the pressure of last night's game. If he lost to Ole Miss in a shoot out, but beat Bama last night, they probably would've given him the job today.

Whether we like it or not, Bama is the measuring stick around here and Coach O knew it from day one.

9. Don Castavez

Well , let's play this scenario out. O goes 7-1 and doesn't get the gig. In three seasons we realize the guy who got the job - a third choice disguised as 'the man we wanted all along' is actually Joe Jerk Off and can't even keep us competitive. You will then have to admit you let O walk because he didn't beat Bama?? You gonna look mighty loopy.

Rouxleaux and lsu-i-like like this.
  10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I see it plain as day. Dude in red shorts trots out, drop trou, and pisses on AU Logo. Rinse/repeat.

Crazy me for thinking they would use the bye week to work on the exact types of plays you mentioned.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.