Climate Change

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

I appreciate your honesty so far, but I predict that's all about to change. I'm sure that other observers here can anticipate which question I will ask next, and how it will lower the BOOM. I predict my next question will have you answering in nonsense.

Ready for it?

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Back go for it lower the boom. Your boom will be a bust you're out of your league talking climate with me. Glad you have decided to debate

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  3. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

4. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Can mankind destroy the Amazon and Boreal forests?

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Yes they can destroy it but you actually think destroying the rain forest and Boreal forest will change the climate? Climate is a product of earths rotation, wobble and mainly the sun's fluctuations and probably forces in our universe we are not aware of. No rain or Boreal forest would not do squat to alter climate.

My question

What percentage of the atmosphere is CO2 and what is the biggest producer of of greenhouse gases?

6. Rex

Rex Founding Member

And there you go. Dishonesty, Inconsistency. Just as I predicted.

Climate is weather over a long period of time. Weather is impacted by more than just the Sun. It's affected by clouds, tides, ocean temperatures, land temperatures, CO2 emissions, atmospheric conditions, volcanic eruptions, etc.. You've already admitted that CO2 concentrations can heat up the Earth. THAT'S CLIMATE.

Your initial claim that MANKIND CAN NOT CHANGE THE CLIMATE is thoroughly exposed as a nonsensical statement, by your answers. QED. Boom.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Nowhere did I say CO2 concentrations didnt heat up the earth. I said CO2 is a greenhouse gas but it's not an issue and has never been an issue and will never be an issue and certainty not an issue we can control. I said heat rises before CO2 which means the climate controls heat which makes more CO2 and we can't control the climate. I said we have had much higher concentrations of CO2 long before man was on earth and what caused that. I said CO2 is a positive and the more the better. I said CO2 is a miniscule part of the earths atmosphere. 99% of earths atmosphere is 99% nitrogen and oxygen. Trace gases compose 1% of the atmosphere and CO2 is only 0.04% of that 1%. I said CO2 creates plant food that will make better crops to feed the world. Less CO2 will be bad for humankind. True science says that a slight warming by CO2 is overwhelmed by the natural climate drivers that have been active for hundreds of millions of years. Climate is not weather over a long period of time. Climate drives weather. We can't control one weather event and we can't control climate.

Should have known not to have a reasonable debate with you. You still havent even tried to answer my questions. Your BOOM is a BUST. Answer my questions like I answered yours.

8. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Why would you accuse KiKi of being dishonest, when your questions are premised on dishonest assumptions??

CO2 has never been empirically determined to be the driver of Climate!! It was proclaimed the driver by fiat on the part of political forces. REPEAT: ... the null hypothesis (that climate change is natural) has NEVER been rejected by scientific method!! There is not a SINGLE peer reviewed paper that shows CO2 is the driver of the Climate. Physics itself does show that the so called Greenhouse effect is responsible for the difference in earths alleged surface temperature and that that would be calculated using Stefan-Boltzmann with a static influx of SW radiation, with an assumption that the earth is a black body, but NOWHERE is there any empiric evidence that CO2 is the driver of the system, and nowhere is there evidence that changes in CO2 are causal to changes in temperature..

You ask, what would happen if we cut down the rain forest? LOTS of things, not the least of which would be changes in albedo. It would also impact the weather patterns of the area and reduce rainfall. Reducing rainfall would hinder plant growth and potentially disrupt the carbon cycle as it pertains to the rainforest. But there is no evidence at all that it would have any effect on the Planet's Climate as a function of CO2, because there is no causal relationship established between changes in CO2 and Climate. As pointed out in the reference above, trace gases are minor compared to water vapor,

Political ideologues like you are going fuck up and ruin the planet with your hubris that you think you know what is going on, and that you think you can actually control it.

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Thanks for mentioning water vapor which I neglected to mention. Water vapor is responsible for 90% of earths greenhouse gases other trace gases and CO2 make up the rest. No one wants to destroy the rainforest but if it happened it would not change the climate or be the end of life on earth. What will destroy or make life on earth miserable on earth is DEMOCRAT policies.

One of the most chilling things I heard from Obama was "now that I am elected the seas will begin to recede". Speaking like he is deity a God.

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux