Chris Faulk & Craig Loston

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Jan 7, 2013.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

There are a total of two players who could realistically improve their stock.

If what you say is true, short lived NFL careers, why is that bad for them? Take the money now. Never know when you will get hurt.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I think their careers could be prolonged by staying another year

3. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

if a junior has a good shot at going in the first round, he's gone -- that explains Mingo, Montgomery, Minter, and Reid. Pretty much everybody has Mingo and Montgomery as 1st Round locks, and Reid and Minter as locks to go in the 1st or 2nd. Everybody has Reid as the #2 safety behind the guy from Texas and Minter as the #3 ILB behind T'eo and Olgetree

as for Ware and Ford, why would they stick around? they were the #1 and #2 on the team in carries in 2011 (177 and 127), but then dropped to #2 and #4 this season (94 and 71) with the emergence of Hill and Hilliard (142 and 82)... and that was with Blue missing ten games. next year, with Blue back, you can expect Ware and Ford to get the ball even less next year, so staying around another year isn't going to help their draft stock (and probably hurt it)

as for Wing, he'll never have the rockstar season he had in 2011 again, so he better cash in as soon as possible before it fades in people's minds

So, to me, that only leaves 3 unexplained guys leaving early:

--Logan
    --Simon
    --Faulk

as for Logan, he's already been here 4 years, and i know it would suck to have to come back as a 5th Year Senior when all the great players get drafted after 3 years as true juniors... but i still think he should suck up his pride and stay. yes, i know you can find a ton with a quick search about him being a lock to be taken in the 1st or 2nd round, but i don't know. i guess i'll believe it when i see it. but if it happens, he was right

as for Simon, i think everybody agrees he's not going in the 1st-2nd Round so he is a surprise

as for Faulk, he's already been here 4 years, and i know he's been expecting to go in the 2013 Draft all the way up until the moment his knee went out. but i really thought that knee injury would keep him coming back for his 5th year...

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Or ended.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Dice, they are meant to roll...

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

That actually makes alot of sense.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

With so many leaving, especially those that aren't a lock for being picked in the first round, one reason could be that they aren't happy with the team/coaches/direction of the program. That's just one of any number of reasons they could be leaving and money is probably the main reason. But it seems like we have the most underclassmen leaving, by far, then any other team, so it seems like they're leaving for reasons other then money.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If I'm an LSU defender that is going to be drafted as a junior if I declare, see ya. We are the Baltimore Ravens. Defense has been carrying us, and they have to play perfect for us to win alot of the time. And you don't ever see Miles chewing any offensive ass on the sidelines, only defensive players. It's like we have come to expect perfection from them while we chalk the offense up to the same ole same. Hopefully it's just a get in league now because tomorrow isn't guaranteed thing.

9. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Yea I have seen alot of pats on the rear and an "its ok, we'll get'em next time buddy" attitude from Miles for offensive players.

10. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

The players are very well aware of Ciron Black's situation. OL that have been injured before could definitely relate. I can't say that I blame Faulk.