China.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Oct 4, 2018.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

We have this place here called Lucky Palace, bad ass Chinese. There general tso is amazingly spicy. And yup, all of their boxes have the little wire handles.

Every time we go to visit my dad in San Diego it's like a culture shock. I have been told SD is the conservative part of California, but from what i'm used to you couldn't tell.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's what your bib is for.

GregLSU likes this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Meh, Sand Dog is more conservative than most but not as much as South OC. It's really the areas near Torrey Pines and Rancho Santa Fe, big money/old money, that are very conservative. The rest of it is sorta liberal. Downtown is great. The Gaslamp and Little Italy districts are da bomb. There's an Italian market there that is out of this world.

Petco Park is a great place. The Omni is attached to the stadium which makes for a great experience for visitors.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love Sand Dog. It's a great city. Food, entertainment, weather....if I had to stay in CA, that's where I would go.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

My fiancé is in love with San Diego. We ran the SD Half Marathon back in March of 2017, we ran right through downtown.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

She ain't wrong.

Coronado Island....
    [​IMG]

The Hotel Del is iconic. Take your future bride there for a romantic getaway.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's haunted like a mofo.

Frogleg, GregLSU and GiantDuckFan like this.
  6. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

LOL. She loved Coronado Beach. There was a house right across the street form the beach that was for sale when we were there. It was around The size of our house here (1700sq.ft.) listed for something like $3-$4M or some shit. She wanted to buy it so bad. :D

7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I lived on Mission Bay during my first tour in the navy. . . About 50 yards to the bay, couple hundred to Pacific. Unfortunately in the mid 70s, just after Vietnam Nam, the military was not held in the esteem they are today. In fact we were scorned by civilians. That place could have been the greatest, but not very friendly.

GregLSU likes this.
  8. el005639

el005639 Founding Member