Chick-fil-A Bowl Sells Out Again

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TIGRIS PANTHERA, Dec 24, 2012.

1. TIGRIS PANTHERA

TIGRIS PANTHERA Veteran Member

http://www2.wspa.com/sports/2012/dec/18/chick-fil-bowl-sells-out-again-ar-5187824/

ATLANTA (Dec. 17, 2012) – For the 16th consecutive year, the Chick-fil-A Bowl has sold its complete allotment of tickets for the ACC vs. SEC rivalry bowl game.
    The Bowl ticket office sold nearly 35,000 tickets to local and regional buyers. A record 94% of ticket buyers renewed their purchases for this year’s bowl game.
    “The amount of local support for our game is truly inspirational and we feel blessed Atlanta has embraced this game the way it has,” said Gary Stokan, Chick-fil-A Bowl president and CEO. “There were a lot of buyers who purchased early in anticipation of another great match-up, and with number-eight LSU and number-14 Clemson, we did not disappoint.”
    “We thank our local Atlanta fans and corporate supporters for elevating the Chick-fil-A Bowl to become one of the preeminent bowl games in the country,” Stokan added.
    All remaining tickets for the 71,996-seat Georgia Dome were purchased by LSU and Clemson, following their selections on Dec. 2.
    The only available tickets to the Chick-fil-A Bowl must be purchased through the university ticket offices at LSUSports.net and ClemsonTigers.com. The teams will remain on-sale until they sell through their allotments.
    The Chick-fil-A Bowl’s string of 16 consecutive sellouts is the second-longest among all bowls in the country, trailing only the Rose Bowl. Over that span, the Chick-fil-A Bowl is among the highest-attended non-BCS games in the nation with an average attendance of 72,126 in its previous 15 games.

[​IMG]
    The 2012 Chick-fil-A Bowl will be played Dec. 31 at 7:30 p.m. (EST) and will be nationally televised by ESPN, running unopposed in its time slot. This year’s matchup, featuring No. 8 LSU vs. No. 14 Clemson, has been ranked by many, including ESPN and Sports Illustrated, as the fourth-best match-up of the bowl season, including the BCS games.

2. TIGRIS PANTHERA

3. TIGRIS PANTHERA

4. TIGRIS PANTHERA

This morning ESPN (Alabama's boytoy aka Reece Davis) did a good bit of promotion on Dabo Swinney/Clemson and (as usual) nothing on Les Miles or LSU. I have felt from the onset that Alabama had a say-so in where LSU ended in bowls this season. I do not believe that Clemson currently enjoys the services of a former Crimson Tide player in Dabo Swinney as a coincidence. What I'm seeing here is just possibly "the fix is in" on this Chik-fil-A bowl.

For the sake of the argument lets say I'm correct: Why Would Alabama want to further discredit LSU? One very good reason is currently playing tailback at St. Augustine High School in New Orleans. Obviously I distrust this upcoming game with Clemson greatly. Tell me how paranoid & dumb I am after LSU wins in convincing style so as to increase our(LSU recruiting + future strength.

5. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Son, there is not enough aluminum foil in the known galaxy to keep all the gamma conspiracy waves from oscillating at high frequency in between your ears.

6. TIGRIS PANTHERA

This your father? signed Mr. Curious

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Goebbels

7. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

They ran a story today on ESPN of a son surprising his father with tix to the BCS title game. Bama fans. I was gonna post the link, but I refuse to infect a quality LSU site with that garbage. Where was the story for LSU last year when we were undefeated and had beaten our title game opponent...in their house? This Bama blowing just makes me sick. I couldn't change the channel fast enough.

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Seriously? A son surprises his father with tickets to the BCSNC game, on Christmas, and it makes you sick?

No matter the school, the video is what it is—a great Christmas story with a father truly overjoyed by a gift from his son.

Side story: I was sent that link early Christmas morning and the video had around 800 views. I looked again last night and it was around 2.1MM.

What struck me was 170 something people had actually down voted the video. People take their collegiate allegiances FAR too seriously if they can't enjoy someone else's happiness on a day like Christmas.

I doubt you're that much of a Grinch. :D

FWIW, getting back to the thread subject—there are still some tickets available for the game in ATL at a good price for a college football game.

LSUTiga likes this.
  9. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

I didn't see the video, but if all it was was a son getting his Dad tickets to the Dolphins' stadium to see Bama as a Christmas present, that should make you sick that it made ESPN if you have any sense of justice and fairness.

I could understand if it was something like a Bama fan giving his tickets to some other Bama fan who had just been diagnosed with cancer, or if they showed both a Bama Dad and a ND Dad getting tickets to the game for Christmas...but just showing a Bama Dad getting tickets to the game for Christmas, how in the hell is that newsworthy? There were thousands and thousands of people who got tickets to their teams bowl game for Christmas, and if you don't see anything wrong with ESPN just showing a Bama fan, then something is wrong with you.

As for ESPN and LSU, i was listening to ESPN radio all evening yesterday, and they talked a lot of NFL and NBA, but when it came to NCAA bowl games, they only broke down two of them that they really liked: UCLA v Baylor and LSU v Clemson. They did mention Bama v ND in passing, and there were commercials for it, but the only games they sat down and talked about how great they'd be were UCLA v Baylor and LSU v Clemson, probably because those two games are coming up sooner

Richdog likes this.
  10. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

My exact point. I THOROUGHLY read the article and forced myself to watch the piece just to make sure the dad didn't have cancer or some determinant amount of time to live or something. That I could understand. You pretty much hit the nail on the head with the portion I highlighted.